Will Crown add the narration back into their show?

Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaha! Yeah, that's realistic. The Carolina Crown members are going to sign your paper basically criticizing their own show that they've been working their ##### off to perform. And I'm sure the staff will actually care that you created a little sign - they'll change the show just for you.

Well he's not really critizing them negatively. He's saying that their show is great, no need for narration. It's just a simple task of not saying anything. That's it. Asking the Cadets this year to take out all their narration though.....they would have to rewrite their whole show. Now I'm not sure how much Crown has, but it probably isn't much. But I do agree with Hrothgar. It's a beautiful show, why put in narration?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaha! Yeah, that's realistic. The Carolina Crown members are going to sign your paper basically criticizing their own show that they've been working their ##### off to perform. And I'm sure the staff will actually care that you created a little sign - they'll change the show just for you.

Well put Musicman.

Hroth. Your efforts will bear no fruit. :wink::wink:

Next thread please.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Well, it seems that the narration will officially be used throughout the closer. Luckily, I am well on my way on a summer campaign in which I will do everything in my power to try to ensure that the narration be removed from the show.

First, a friend and I have constructed a banner that reads

CAROLINA CROWN:

YOUR SHOW IS

GLORIOUS, SPEC-

TACULAR, AND

BEAUTIFUL,

NO NARRATION

NECESSARY

on 16 by 7 sheets of paper, which we will be waving during Saturday night's Atlanta Brass Classic. Hopefully the performers will be able to notice the message and realize that there is a serious issue and possibly relay it to the staff members. Also, one year Crown performers were in the stands after the show. If this is the case this year, we will show the banner to them and ask those who support our endeavor to sign it, then give it to one of them to take back with them on tour.

You know, if you actually approach them with that, you will get punched. In the face. Then I will laugh.

Hroth, if Donnie Vandoren or Barry Hudson happen to be at the show, I highly recommend you show this to them in person <hee hee>

Hroth, if Donnie Vandoren or Barry Hudson happen to be at the show, I highly recommend you show this to them in person <hee hee>

I would indeed like to discuss the issue with him.

To anyone who saw the show in th pre-season (like T-Mac), when the narration was still in, do you remember what the content of it was?

To anyone who saw the show in th pre-season (like T-Mac), when the narration was still in, do you remember what the content of it was?

I believe it was something along the lines of Walt Witman's poem "Off to the Races", a 47 stanza work, which takes an average of 13 minutes to read aloud. I believe they are cramming it into the show by reading it over top of Brandt Crockers announcements, the drum major salute, and while they walk of the field. Thats just what I heard though from my friend who knows a guy that marched crown on sousaphone in 1982.

Edited by euponitone

I believe it was something along the lines of Walt Witman's poem "Off to the Races", a 47 stanza work, which takes an average of 13 minutes to read aloud. I believe they are cramming it into the show by reading it over top of Brandt Crockers announcements, the drum major salute, and while they walk of the field. Thats just what I heard though from my friend who knows a guy that marched crown on sousaphone in 1982.

LOL!

I'm not sure if you realize this but Barry is a large man, and both he and Donnie are pretty intimidating.

LOL!

I also was made aware that the reading of the poem will be done by a contra octet, thus unbalancing their sound and causing them to lose brass on finals night by 1 tenth to the blue knights.

You know, if you actually approach them with that, you will get punched. In the face. Then I will laugh.

Me too. Hysterically, I might add.

Seriously, in what universe would world class educators and show designers take advice from an inexperienced 15 (at least I assume he's 15 from his posts and the "if I complain enough about it it will go away" mentality) year old?

Edited by Musicman1084