Madison Scouts 2007

Just asking...what does the word 'enhilate' mean? :wacko:

I'm just guessing, but it could mean to put a hilum into something:

PAImageMaleCanvasHilum.jpg

At least he didn't type "decimate," which means to reduce by 1/10th.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if a corps like Blue Stars or Troopers or Spirit beat Madison at season's end... would it really be that bad?

The Scouts losing in competition to these two fine corps as a result of their rebuilding and resurgence into competition would most CERTAINLY not be that bad, as well as any other corps who can have a winning season. Isn't that what the spirit of competition is all about? And I for one am absolutely thrilled to see Troopers and Blue Stars doing well... that is good for them, good for the kids and staff who are members, good for DCI and good for all of us.

WHO a corps is losing to probably isn't the focus right now, it's where they are scoring and what part of the show needs work. Having the primary goal be to beat any one corps because you have been ahead of them consistently over the years has nothing to do with getting to a spot in finals.

I think everyone should root for every corps, like them or not, to be GREAT every year... it doesn't mean you liked their show or their style, it just means you want to see the competitions stay alive and have more of a meaning than it being the same six corps winning DCI every few years.

Edited by GGarrett

Wasn't this new staff brought in to bring back the Madison Scouts of old? After seeing it live, it just seems like the opposite. Where's the blaring brass high power ending? The down ending takes 1 minute 38 seconds!

It's still very early season....anything can happen...

I can remember our first show of 1997. The Emerald Knights beat us by 3 points. 7 weeks later at World Championships we bested them by 21 points to be into Div 2/3 finals.

Does anyone think that Madison is going to make finals this year? They don't seem to be doing very well and I am a little worried. I have always thoiught their shows were fun. I hope they do well :(

Wasn't this new staff brought in to bring back the Madison Scouts of old? After seeing it live, it just seems like the opposite. Where's the blaring brass high power ending? The down ending takes 1 minute 38 seconds!

It's still VERY early. There are always a ton of rewrites. Shows continue to be tweaked and redone right up until finals day. It evolves as a show and it keeps it fresh and exciting for the both the fans and the marching members...not to mention the staff and creative team.

Does anyone think that Madison is going to make finals this year? They don't seem to be doing very well and I am a little worried. I have always thoiught their shows were fun. I hope they do well :(

and you're basing your "don't seem to be doing very well" off the first two competitions of the season?

Holy cow, folks, could we maybe please just give them a chance before you get all worried about what's going to happen in two months???

Edited by GGarrett

I'm only speaking for myself as I have no ties to the Scouts or any corps.

I think they are a talented staff. But they're all working together for the first time (I believe), and it's a young corps. I'm not making excuses, but just want to point out that it may take a while for things to gel and come together. And the longer the staff stays together, the better they'll be; consistancy.

Last years staff was filled with well known and talented people in the drum corps world. The show had a lot of potential and there was some great teaching going on, no doubt. But in the end, things didn't come together the way everyone thought it would from such a talented staff. I don't know why that was.

It can be more important that the staff work together, have the same goals for the organization, and most importantly, similar ideas of how to achieve those goals.

Good luck and best wishes to the Scouts this season. :)

That Myspace bulletin is NOT official. I know all the guys on the administrative staff

of the Corps, and none of them would have allowed or condoned a statement like this.

No offense intended here, as I have avoided posting here sort of like doing my part in picking up virtual garbage that tends to blow around in here. However, as the one right now that posts or facilitates "official" messages for the corps, I can definitely tell you that anything on myspace or other domains outside of a madisonscouts.org domain despite their claim - is not official. (Well, madisonscouts.info is the only exception)

Now, on to more important things like my 4oz of Italian espresso... a.k.a. High Octane Puppy Uppers!

Btw, it's OFFICIALLY Summer... :) ("My time of year")

Pearsony

Historically speaking, the Scouts are looking at best a around a 10th place finish with their opening scores(In '05 we started out with a 61 and came within .5 of 8th at Finals) so all I can say is that I've been there. Just keep at it Scouts, good luck.