Madison Scouts 2007

What's wrong - don't like it when all your brothers (yes, I'm a Madison alum) don't agree with you?? Yes, I disagree with the decision and that's my right!

You sure seem to get PO'd when someone disagrees with you!

no...........no.

You obviously haven't paid enough attention to my posts over the years I've been here. Just last week I posted my feelings about the "writing on the wall" about this years season for the Scouts. They need work this year, and I believe they can do it. But I could say the same thing about YOU getting PO'd that I don't agree with YOU based on the things you've typed, too, but I don't really think that's accurate. I'm one of the biggest proponents of spirited DEBATE on this thread, so again, don't confuse my feeling strongly the opposite of what your opinion of the whole BOD/Sal thing is. You're welcome to your opinion... but I disagree with it, and that is my right as well.

The thing I am just so tired of with this whole BOD issue brought up over and over again is (as I have mentioned several times) there is a current corps of Scouts out there now, and carrying on about all this business from last year is robbing them of their year of competition. There is only opinion brought up again and again, and it helps NOTHING about the situation as it occured and played out. If as much effort was being put into being excited for corps like Blue Stars and Academy and Pacific Crest doing well, as opposed to pointing out the fact that Madison is sliding this year into a tough placement, well then it might seem a bit more balanced. I don't see nearly the number of people dissing the Crossmen and their supporters claims here on DCP over the winter about the 500 people showing up at every practice in the winter and the top 6 predictions, and now the fact that they are equally "stuck in the mud" score-wise as Madison is.

There is a new corps director, and new BOD and an almost all new corps of guys who have supporters, and everytime someone brings up the former director it diminishes his and their ability to have accountability and to continue to move forward in the new direction they hope to take the corps. These guys aging out with the Scouts this year are really in need of support instead of all the controversy. ALSO, there is a group of guys who were the 2006 Madison Scouts who have been overlooked and forgotten about.

It is now July 1st, and there is a whole month of possibilty ahead, and I would think that all former Scouts and supporters could now let go of their opinions about the BOD/staff situation last year (for the time being) and start rooting for this years corps without attacking them for something they had nothing to do with.

Then take these issues up to a place they can make a difference (ie: a BOD meeting - open to the public) and make their case there. Bringing it all up here over and over again, especially with the announcing of every low score this years corps gets, and with such venom sometimes, is hurtful and makes it look like there might be another agenda for some who bring it up over and over other than truly supporting the corps this year.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the show in Madison last Friday. Although I didn't care too much for Madison's drill, I thought the hornline did a nice job. The corps put on a very nice encore performance for the fans after the show. Blue Stars sounded very nice, but although they had about 5 or 6 more horns than Madison, I thought Madison put out noticeably more volume. I guess I do have a small bias for Madison since a couple of former Minnesota Brass horn players are marching with the Scouts this year.

I asked this in another thread, but maybe it's more appropriate here.

Another question about Sal Salas. I read that he was dismissed not due to competitive success but due to his lack of, say, "business sense" (e.g., budgeting). However, isn't that what a Board of Directors should be for? Isn't there an Executive Director of the Madison organization and a Corps Director of the Madison Scouts? I'd just imagine that if a corps director wasn't spending funds in the appropriate manner, the board would step in and provide oversight... not fire him altogether.

BINGO!! The BOD APPROVED every single budgetary move Sal made!!

I was at the show in Madison last Friday. Although I didn't care too much for Madison's drill, I thought the hornline did a nice job. The corps put on a very nice encore performance for the fans after the show. Blue Stars sounded very nice, but although they had about 5 or 6 more horns than Madison, I thought Madison put out noticeably more volume. I guess I do have a small bias for Madison since a couple of former Minnesota Brass horn players are marching with the Scouts this year.

music isn't whats hurting their scores. Its their drill and guard right now. I have heard from someone that they are doing a lot of visual changes and the new parts are far from perfection.

BINGO!! The BOD APPROVED every single budgetary move Sal made!!

Wrong. You wouldn't believe some of the things that occurred...but far be it for me to be the one to air them here.