• 56-60 yrs old
    • 61-65 yrs old
    • 66-70 yrs old
    • 70 +

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never would have guessed that I fall into the majority...how about that?

Missed the bonus year by 4 days :laugh:

What if you missed it by one day? born at 11:59 PM?

if you answered in the 16-20 catagroy why are you on DCP and not on a field somewhere marching?

Perhaps like me, they had to get a summer job and work their way through school. Or perhaps they are actually fans who support the activity because they think it is a great thing, not just because they are in it themselves.

Why are you on DCP implying that others should fit a certain category to be worthy to respond to a poll?

There are some very selfish and immature people on this board. I'd like to see some intelligent discussion that doesn't result in one-upping insults and people having to have the last word. Geez!

Mods-- Can we have an "intelligent discussion" forum?

......sits and waits for a random insult about why I am writing a reply on here if I don't like some of the threads/responses.............. :laugh:

Edited by Wadep66

......sits and waits for a random insult about why I am writing a reply on here if I don't like some of the threads/responses.............. :laugh:

Why are you writing a reply on here if you don't like some of the responses???? :beer:

:P

Why are you on DCP implying that others should fit a certain category to be worthy to respond to a poll?

Well isn't everyone else on DCP just like they are? With the same priorities, opinions and "real life" opportunities?

OK, sarcasm off... I keep reading that doing a tour is a great life experience, learn new things, meet new people, etc, etc... What many don't realize is the people in a Junior corps are pretty much the same. IOW, young people with musical talent and the time and money to be able to do the tour. If anyone thinks that doing a tour gives them an idea of what the "real world" is all about they're sadly mistaken. For the most part, you're in a group of people like yourself, volunteer to work with people who can't afford things like DC to see more of the real world.

To put it another way, I'd wonder how many posters would flip if they read: "I'm not doing Drum Corps because helping (support) my family is more important to me". Sometimes it isn't a case of being lazy, it's a case of other things being more important. Unbelievable that some people on here think that Drum Crops should be the "be all and end all" in everyones life. Just be #### glad you had the opportunity to do it and get the #### off the back of people who are not as fortunate.

It ain't a question of DC being important "enough" in a persons life, it's a question of what is MORE important. And for many of "us" family and real life comes way before DC.

Rant off....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

For everyone 16-21(22 if you have your bonus year) that provided an excuse as to why they aren't marching, (ie I can't afford it, just learned to play, practicing this summer so I can do it next summer) I call BS! If your excuse was, I don't want to. Then I can understand that. But if you claim you want to be out there marching and you're not then I call BS. What a cop out. I love the "whatever it takes" mentality. If you really wanted to do something then you would. The proof of desire is in the pursuit. Get off your lazy ### and audition for a hole. If not, then you don't really want to march. I suspect some of you are getting angry with what I have said. That's because I struck a nerve and that would be guilt.

Membership in a drum corps isn't for everyone. Those who aren't meant for it usually weed themselves out. Hence why you're reading what I'm saying instead of reading your dot book.

Excuses are like manure. Lots of bull-####

I can't never could.

Wow...one of the worst posts I've ever read on dcp. What exactly do hope to accomplish by calling people lazy ##### and insulting them. Find a hole in a corps and fill it....yeah thats real simple, ill just drop everything and do that. I think you, and others here need to take a step back and realize that drum corps is not the be all- end all of life as we know it. I marched my rookie year and then didnt come back the next...why, because i didnt want to, had lots of other things to do...etc, and ive never regretted it one bit. I eventually marched a few more years, but i hardly feel like the time i didnt march was 'wasted' somehow. I know for a fact that you have ###### people off, and its not a matter of guilt, its a matter of you being rude. If some people want to practice, make money, or take care of other things before they march, thats their perogative. If someone doesnt feel like taking out huge loans to pay for school, or needs to work to make money for family reasons, then who the hell are you to call them lazy for it.

I count myself as lucky that i got to march where and when i did, I had support around me, and talent in an instrument that my corps happened to need. I hope future marchers arent turned off by your post. I marched with people like you, and I hated dealing with them as well

Your post is like manure....you know the rest

edit...i see that jim brought up some of the same points, im glad im not the only one that feels this way

Edited by euponitone