• 36-40 yrs old
    • 41-45 yrs old
    • 46-50 yrs old
    • 51-55 yrs old
    • 56-60 yrs old
    • 61-65 yrs old
    • 66-70 yrs old
    • 70 +

So DCP is made up of "haven't yets" and "just dids". Interesting. I figured we'd have a stronger rep from the 30-40 crowd.

Keith, actually if you look at all the numbers, seems that we are split pretty even between the pre and post 30 year old mark.

The numbers are just a little more spread out at the top, not too many pre-teens and toddlers burning the midnight score watching

oil on DCP.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, one final mini rant... Jes' so ya know were I'm comin' from :laugh:

Sounds like my college room mate would be considered a schmuck or lazy ### because he didn't do corps. Guy was a #### good trumpet player for Lower Merion High (PA) and had the stamina to do all day drills. Day after he turned 18 he enlisted in the Army for two reasons: one less mouth in the family of eight to feed and he wanted the GI Bill for college $$$. He enjoyed listening to my DCA albums and would have loved to have gone on tour. But his #1 priority was following his master plan to graduate college under Unca Sammy. And since DC would have interferred with that plan... <bleep> it with no regrets....

Wow...one of the worst posts I've ever read on dcp. What exactly do hope to accomplish by calling people lazy ##### and insulting them. Find a hole in a corps and fill it....yeah thats real simple, ill just drop everything and do that. I think you, and others here need to take a step back and realize that drum corps is not the be all- end all of life as we know it. I marched my rookie year and then didnt come back the next...why, because i didnt want to, had lots of other things to do...etc, and ive never regretted it one bit. I eventually marched a few more years, but i hardly feel like the time i didnt march was 'wasted' somehow. I know for a fact that you have ###### people off, and its not a matter of guilt, its a matter of you being rude. If some people want to practice, make money, or take care of other things before they march, thats their perogative. If someone doesnt feel like taking out huge loans to pay for school, or needs to work to make money for family reasons, then who the hell are you to call them lazy for it.

I count myself as lucky that i got to march where and when i did, I had support around me, and talent in an instrument that my corps happened to need. I hope future marchers arent turned off by your post. I marched with people like you, and I hated dealing with them as well

Your post is like manure....you know the rest

edit...i see that jim brought up some of the same points, im glad im not the only one that feels this way

Thank you for posting that. I was starting to get annoyed by people who assumed that those who are eligible to march (such as I) are lazy and wrong for not marching.

Keith, actually if you look at all the numbers, seems that we are split pretty even between the pre and post 30 year old mark.

The numbers are just a little more spread out at the top, not too many pre-teens and toddlers burning the midnight score watching

oil on DCP.

Keith? Who's Keith?

I want to know who the 5-10 yr old is.

This topic is getting out of hand. In almost every post you see #####s. You guys are arguing over a computer about what someones age. Why don't you spend your time on the computer helping people out with questions instead of insulting each other because they are able to march and they aren't.

Okay, I'll tell my folks right now that I want to join Crown.

I'll keep a stop watch handy for how long they'll laugh.

You have no idea how much I want to be a part of drum corps. The tradition is so rich and the music is so good. It's like nothing else (not even marching band, despite popular beliefs); but at this station in my life it simply would not be a wise choice. Someday, I know I'll be on that field. Even if it's not for a junior corps...I know I'll be out there and I'll (along with my mates) look fantastic.

Okay, I'll tell my folks right now that I want to join Crown.

I'll keep a stop watch handy for how long they'll laugh.

thats pretty funny. You should do it just to see how long. :P

I'm 17, 18 on the 4th. I'm not marching currently because I don't meet up with Southwind until the 5th.