Mankato

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was about to say.

From what I understand, the Scouts had a dreadful program that no one liked. They got rid of the show half way through the season and did a whole new show (with pretty much the same music they played in '75 except for Stars and Stripes Forever as their opener instead of Slaughter on 10th Avenue); and they finished 2nd (2 points between 1 and 2) to a legendary Blue Devils corps.

Times have changed, but the Scouts can do it again...I hope.

They changed their drum solo too. In 75 it was 'Duelling Banjos," in 76 it was "Ease On Down the Road" from The Wiz. It irks me when people disregard the drum solo in this way. People do it when they talk about 27 in 1982, too. The drum solo was totally diffrent, yet everyone always says OMG they kept their WHOLE SHOW from 1979!

Ahem.

Didn't Sky Ryders in 83 just change their closer? At the beginning of the season it was "Heart Light," then they went back to "Over the Rainbow." Did they do more?

SCV in 1980 changed their entire closer and rearranged virtually their whole show between opening day and Finals. Listen to the first State of the Art album if you can find it. Hearin the horn parts in "Stone Ground Seven" was quite weird in the off-season.

Let's hope the Scouts can change their fortunes...and their uniforms.

Sorry. ^0^ Had to.

Something tells me it's becoming fewer and fewer with each passing show.

I really doubt that. I've got faith. Most Scouts fans that I know love the corps no matter where they place. Of course I'd rather they be in 6th or even 12th, but the fact they're in 20th in the current standings doesn't sway how much of a fan I am.

I loved the Scouts show I saw last week. If they've made big changes for the better, I'll like it even more, and hopefully the judges will as well. After it's cleaned - of course.

Edited by acn

did we forget bout scv who went up an entire point tonight to to pass crown in the standings and only tighten the race for first since there is less then two points that seperate 1st form 7th.....SCV must have had a great show and with a good amout of rehearsal tomorrow i would expect them to go up again tomorrow night...we'll see....

congrats to SW by the way on beating thier big brother up...never thought i would see that

Edited by Ambrjak413

:OT: Totally off the subject but just FYI.....Phantom took 2nd in NJ so I'm hoping this means everyone from the bus accident is "OK". There is a seperate thread regarding the accident but just thought everyone would be thrilled to know that they made it to the compitition AND took 2nd!! Great job guys!!

Yes, thank you JW. You are the one who didn't read anything totally bizarre (where do you people come from?) out of my sympathetic message.

When I marched, aside from the Santa Clara Vanguard, the Madison Scouts were my favorite corps. If I hadn't made SCV I would probably have auditioned for Madison in 1989.

I still hold lots of respect for Madison. I hurts me to see them so far from the top. If any corps, in the history of DCI, was to beat the Vanguard, I'd want it to be Phantom Regiment or the Madison Scouts. I will always hold great respect for both of these competitors.

um... no need for the "where do you ppl come from" comment.

It was an honest question.... I hadn't accused you of anything, so thanks for the clarification.

...congrats to SW - but at what expense? I hope Madison can figure it out, and quick.

Ok, I'll be your drum corps Wiki for the night.

They literally dumped the entire show mid-season, and re-learned portions of the previous year's show along with a new opener and drum feature. Finished 2nd at Finals 4 weeks later.

One of the gutsiest moves in the history of the activity.

That was amazing! However, it also fell on the heels of their 75 Championship season (lots of vets in the staff and membership).

Elmo Blatch

That was amazing! However, it also fell on the heels of their 75 Championship season (lots of vets in the staff and membership).

Elmo Blatch

True dat.

Let's hope the Scouts can change their fortunes...and their uniforms.

Sorry. ^0^ Had to.

OK... see, now THAT was funny... :doh:

not kidding. Made me laugh...