Bluecoats Win! Biggest Upset in Drum Corps History

The fact that Cavaliers 2002 won with a kindergarten show.

Are you high? :rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you high? :rolleyes:

No, stoners love that show.

I think he's just...well, I'll keep my opinion to myself

I'm a bit pressed for time, so sorry if this already came up. On the subject of upsets, how about the Good Ole' 27th Lancers back in the 70s? Can't remember the exact year, but if I remember correctly, the corps was in trouble that year, but climbed from 20th to...6th was it?

I'm a bit pressed for time, so sorry if this already came up. On the subject of upsets, how about the Good Ole' 27th Lancers back in the 70s? Can't remember the exact year, but if I remember correctly, the corps was in trouble that year, but climbed from 20th to...6th was it?

Didn't they go from 20th (?) to 4th in '74-'75

Who would of thought it would be so nice to be BLOOOO!!! :P

"Biggest Upsets In DC History":

1964 VFW Nationals. Racine Kilties win over the entire "National Contender" pack. NOBODY saw this one comming.

1967 Racine Wisconsin. The Racine Scouts win over some of the best in the West. Troopers, Royal Airs and Kilties are among those who place beneath them.

1967 American Legion Nationals. Chicago Cavaliers win over the Boston Crusaders after having placed fourth in Prelims. Next day at CYO Boston gets a "Payback" win over Chicago with a four point spread.

1968 VFW Nationals. Racine Kilties "Do it again" with another "Out of Nowhere" performance to upset the "Big Four" (Troopers, Cavaliers, Vanguards & Royal Airs) after not having won a single contest all season.

1970 Milwaukee Wisconsin: The Santa Clara Vanguard's upset win over ALL the defending National Champions including Chicago Cavaliers (Legion), Racine Kilties (VFW) and Casper Troopers (CYO).

There are no doubt MANY more "Upsets" throughout the history of the activity, but the above come to mind at this moment.

Elphaba

1970 Santa Clara was an upset in part because it was just about the first time most fans (outside of CA) saw them. Analogy today might be AZ Academy showing up at Rose Bowl and winning quarterfinals.

That doesn't qualify either. Overtaking Scouts on their A game .. and overtaking Scouts in the midst of sweeping changes and rebuilding are NOT the same thing. If Southwind had overtaken Scouts in any year prior to .... let's say ........ 1999, that would be another story.

WORD

Very true.

Carolina Crown was close in a lot captions last night as well to the so-far-in-the-drivers-seat Cadets...which got overshadowed (well, rightfully so) by Bluecoats win.

This will be the first time I've actually anticipated regional scores in a good long while.

so-far-in-the-drivers-seat?

The Cadets have been beaten by Bluecoats and Cavaliers (twice) so far this year. I wouldn't put anyone in the "drivers seat" at this point.

So far:

Cavaliers : been beaten by Bluecoats and Blue Devils

Blue Devils: been beaten by Bluecoats and SCV

SCV: been beaten by Cavies, Bluecoats, Blue Devils

Phantom: Been beaten by Cadets

Bluecoats: Been beaten by Cavies, Cadets, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment

Cadets: Been beaten by Bluecoats and Cavaliers (2x)

Crown: Been beaten by Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Cadets, Phantom Regiment

If anything, it looks like the corps with the fewest loss to other corps is Phantom Regiment. Perhaps they're in the drivers seat?

Edited by jjeffeory

so-far-in-the-drivers-seat?

The Cadets have been beaten by Bluecoats and Cavaliers (twice) so far this year. I wouldn't put anyone in the "drivers seat" at this point.

So far:

Cavaliers : been beaten by Bluecoats and Blue Devils

Blue Devils: been beaten by Bluecoats and SCV

SCV: been beaten by Cavies, Bluecoats, Blue Devils

Phantom: Been beaten by Cadets

Bluecoats: Been beaten by Cavies, Cadets, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment

Cadets: Been beaten by Bluecoats and Cavaliers (2x)

Crown: Been beaten by Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Cadets, Phantom Regiment

If anything, it looks like the corps with the fewest loss to other corps is Phantom Regiment. Perhaps they're in the drivers seat?

But, they've also only beaten two corps on that list..... (-:

Just adding fuel.

But, they've also only beaten two corps on that list..... (-:

Just adding fuel.

Right. I was aware of that, too.

No offense to Bawker, I'm just not convinced that the Cadets are top corps right now.