Bluecoats 2012

Wasn't sure how to format it make it play from my post, but yeah, there it is. I have to say, I didn't like the addition of the voiceovers before I saw this. After watching this video, I think it's one of the greatest emotion stirring moments of the year and makes the show just that much more relatable. Very well done video.

Yeah, it's great to know that it actually came from the members, and their experiences on tour, it makes it much more special, and really chill-inducing.

I personally like the ending. While 95% of the shows end with the corps going 200 mph, with no meaning other than to show they can go 200 mph, I actually like the HUGE wall of sound and Pete Townshend power chords :thumbup:

I also think the last 30 seconds makes for a great climactic end, musically and visually, to the shows theme...especially with the removal of the masks, hats, and final visual statement by the color guard. One of the better show finales this year IMO.

• Like 1

I loved the Bluecoats show, including the voiceover, even before I knew the story behind it. After watching the video it resonates even more.

An aside--There is a huge difference between watching a show on the Fan Network and seeing it in person. Pertains to all the corps. emotions get lost on the FN, and even if one is there and sitting near the press box. Another reason I like this voice stuff for this show.

Wish there were a way to literally magnify the guard's role in a show. Unless you see spinning rifles and such, the emotions and story the guard is telling just doesn't come through. There are so many unbelievably talented color guard "athletes" and they work as hard as the rest of the corps. I want to really SEE them! SA was the first DCI event I saw in person and I was shocked by the jaw-dropping talents of the various corps' color guard(s?) that I had never noticed before.

• Like 1

1343753430[/url]' post='3190285']

I love the Bluecoats show this year! Their show gets the most playtime from the San Antonio APDs.

What is an APD?

What is an APD?

Audio Performance Download of a corps performance. You can download them from the fan network.

I stated before, the voice overs set a mood and tone. It doesn't interfere with the music. It's provocative and well done. I like Bluecoats show this year and am one of the few that dig their guard!