Drum Corps in Florida

Suncoast was a favorite of mine. They always had a great brassline. And i enjoyed Magic's shows. They kept a fun factor into their shows. I guess with grants becoming more and more scarce and bingo not paying the bills (of course in Florida, one would think a great bingo game would be killer... i joke... mostly) its just tough to operate a corps there. I think they have the same concern that corps way up in New England, or perhaps... Wyoming. There's only so many shows even remotely close. (and depending on what side of the state you're in, you may have to drive a most of a day or more just to get to the nearest show) But i think that's a growing problem for all the corps. Less shows, longer travel distances, less available funding, and rising costs. (rehearsal space, accommodations, food costs...etc etc etc)

I think it's a board of director's concern as well. Good boards just raise funding. They don't criticize staff, or show design & concepts, or progress, they just raise money.

Edited by C.Holland

I doubt it :music:

I thought the Brigadiers paid all the bills.... :shutup:

That was after my time. After the YEA years and then the time off, they came back and it was Magic but it wasn't. Not meant to be inflammatory, but the restructuring of the staff and everything made it a different group is all.