Official: Nightbeat moving to Winston-Salem for 2015

Just received an email that Nightbeat will be moving from Charlotte to Winston-Salem's BB&T Field for 2015 (Home of Wake Forrest Football). I think this will be a great venue, and has the opportunity to draw from both Charlotte and Raleigh, as well as the Triad. My fear is that it will lose its normal crowd that comes from Charlotte. None the less, should be a great show! Big stands, lots of shade thanks to the press box, and artificial turf. And, its only 20 minutes from home for me! #Winning

Its an extra 90 minute drive north, but a fairly easy drive. And Winston Salem is a beautiful city with great food and bars downtown. I'll be interested to see how housing works for the corps, given the extra drive time following Atlanta. That will be about a five hour drive from the Georgia Dome.

Personal experience convinces me Winston-Salem can become an OUTSTANDING location for this show. I am pleased to hear that city will be getting another crack at hosting a big drum corps event. Lots of positives!

I remember in the eighties at some point the Cadets (and others) did an exhibition at the W-S racetrack. I think Bill Cook (of Star legacy) had a financial relationship there with Cook Industries. My memories of this are not as sharp as the corps often stayed in Concord, NC which has its own racetrack. These were years prior to Crown's founding but a time when the Raleigh and Charlotte areas were growing at a fast pace with the transplant of so many Northerners (such as IBMers, Bank of Americans, etc.) Cary H.S. show at that time was the big draw for DCI who imagined what a drum corps from Carolina might be like. Little did they know... :music:

Hmm, much closer to Raleigh (where I am) than Charlotte! I hope that means the practice sites will be in that area, too, and not still way down 77 toward Charlotte.

Chris,

Or will you be running the tours to WS after the Atlanta show and then the shuttle run to Charlotte airport????

Ok, ok, a stop at Lake Norman along the way might be allowed. It always haunted us in the corps busses as we drove back and forth BITD.

Seems like a lot of venues have been changing during the last week or so. I saw this morning that the Omaha NE event is moving to a small college in Fremont NE.