SECAUCUS SHOW - CANCELLED

... and so it was ...

But of course if the weather forecast was the reason, I would accept that.

It hasn't rained in Secaucus since 8 a.m. I think the show was canceled for lack of rain. :shutup::tounge2:

Yeah, I think this is the source of confusion for many people. It sure does seem that Kiwanis made an incredibly premature decision.

How do appearance fees work in DCA? Are corps guaranteed a certain payment as in DCI? Or is it a percentage of the gate?

With all the conspiracy theorists out there looking for answers. How many of you actually purchased a ticket to this show?

me.

and i'm telling you the conspiracy is how the announcer gets away with his wardrobe.

me.

and i'm telling you the conspiracy is how the announcer gets away with his wardrobe.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

We were told at 9AM, when the rain stopped for the entire day, that the show might be cancelled due to a 40% chance of a thundershower, the words severe storms never mentioned.

We then received word around 11 AM that the show was cancelled, when there was absolutely nothing on the radar.

It never rained in Secaucus the remainder of the day and night.

The good to come from the day was the extremely fun "performances" that were held at the local park by our corps the Skyliners, Fusion Core and Skyliners Alumni.

It was great to see Sky and Fusion really hyping it up for one anothers performance, and then watching both enjoy the old school style of Sky Alumni. The place erupted from all directions when they went into the Traffic Jam and continued into the signature. A fun time was had by all. If people would've paid the gate price to come see that makeshift show, they would've got their moneys worth.

• Like 4

burdettsky is right on...it was a great event at the practice site.

sky alumni loves time with the field corps , they are great folks and musicians... and we had a great time hanging with the fusion folks.

comraderie is one of the great assets of drumcorps , and there are few chances like this was to just hang with the peeps!

Edited by fecontra
  • Like 2