Not to worry, Glenn. SOME of the oldsters on here have a problem, it seems, with following continuity of all the posts. After so many fastballs, throw in one curve and, well, .................

Me, I could seldom hit a curve ball.

Ray

It was a good run at any rate Ray and had some fun with the trivia. That's what makes the thread diverse.

Politically incorrect OT, and I don't care.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all of you and Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Successful 2012!!!

Ray

I'm with ya Ray!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah one and all!!! worthy.gif

I'm with ya Ray!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah one and all!!! worthy.gif

Ditto that ... and let's remember they are HOLY days as well as holidays ...

:xmas:

• Like 1

The ship is the Edmund Fitzgerald. The board game pioneer is Milton Bradley. That's when Ray and I thought it was Milton Fitzgerald.

LOL, local minor league baseball team had a player named Milton Bradley. Guy was know for power and being kind of a head case. But think if I had that name as a kid I'd grow up with a big chip on my shoulder too.

And Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah (going with Tonys spelling) and just plain Happy Holidays to everyone else. And really Off-topic: interesting reading in NY Daily News letters about wishing an athiest Merry Christmas. Most athiests writing in don't mind it as at least someone is being nice to them if a little off-target.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

LOL, local minor league baseball team had a player named Milton Bradley. Guy was know for power and being kind of a head case. But think if I had that name as a kid I'd grow up with a big chip on my shoulder too.

And Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah (going with Tonys spelling) and just plain Happy Holidays to everyone else. And really Off-topic: interesting reading in NY Daily News letters about wishing an athiest Merry Christmas. Most athiests writing in don't mind it as at least someone is being nice to them if a little off-target.

Milton Bradley played here (Cleveland) for a while, and for you to say that he was known as being "kind of a head case" is being extremely charitable. He was flat out NUTS!!

And another thing... This "Chanukah" that everybody is mentioning... Is this another one of those sunken ships we're supposed to know about?

Okay... Serious button on... I sincerely hope that everyone here on Guess Who has a wonderful Christmas surrounded by friends and family and that 2012 is even better for all.

another 24 hours and we all go into "family" mode and hibernate away from thoughts of drum corps...

but please...

Don't forget a prayer for our dear friend Dick Pronti - founder and chairman of the DCA I&E and past DCA judge coordinator and long time advisor to the Caballeros among so many other things... He's still in a coma in hospice care, ventillator has been removed but his body refuses to give up... and throw in one for Peggy and his family... this weekend is no time to go through this...

Believe me, I know... it was one year ago today that my dear cousin (more like a brother) Joe in Seattle passed suddenly turning my 2010 Christmas into quite a negative memory...

Now for the positive... after Months (Years?) of wanting to get my body straightened out, the day is near... Surgery on January 6th - 4 days in the hospital and a few weeks recovery after that... most of all I look forward to getting my voice back which has been sorely missing for months... (larnyx attacked by severe GERD) I'll also be "in hiding" this coming summer as in prep for the surgery I've already lost a ton of weight and will keep going... maybe I'll even shave to really confuse everyone, but that's not a definite... in January of 2010 I was 332 when the heart problems started... at DCA this year I was 318... today I'm 271 and still falling...

I'm gonna be a real Guess Whoer!

Merry Christmas everyone

another 24 hours and we all go into "family" mode and hibernate away from thoughts of drum corps...

but please...

Don't forget a prayer for our dear friend Dick Pronti - founder and chairman of the DCA I&E and past DCA judge coordinator and long time advisor to the Caballeros among so many other things... He's still in a coma in hospice care, ventillator has been removed but his body refuses to give up... and throw in one for Peggy and his family... this weekend is no time to go through this...

Believe me, I know... it was one year ago today that my dear cousin (more like a brother) Joe in Seattle passed suddenly turning my 2010 Christmas into quite a negative memory...

Now for the positive... after Months (Years?) of wanting to get my body straightened out, the day is near... Surgery on January 6th - 4 days in the hospital and a few weeks recovery after that... most of all I look forward to getting my voice back which has been sorely missing for months... (larnyx attacked by severe GERD) I'll also be "in hiding" this coming summer as in prep for the surgery I've already lost a ton of weight and will keep going... maybe I'll even shave to really confuse everyone, but that's not a definite... in January of 2010 I was 332 when the heart problems started... at DCA this year I was 318... today I'm 271 and still falling...

Merry Christmas everyone

tom ald friend good luck with the surgery. i'll call ya after your home. and you and your family have a merry christmas. :thumbup:

to all threst of my guess who friends .....MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and your families. stay safe all. :thumbup:

• Like 1

he was a head case, in Harrisburg and at all of his MLB stops. talented when he wanted to be.

but please...

Merry Christmas everyone

continued prayers for Dick and Peggy, and additional good thoughts coming your way.

I started 2009 at 289. Clocked in at 231 this morning ( #### holiday parties)..had been down to 227 last week, and plan on dropping some more.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, and whatever else you may celebrate to all in Whoville