Mini Corps Competition

OMG-Medea!!!! I felt like I was back in '93. FWIW, 20 people sounded more like 50-60 and that snare drummer kicked ###! After the first number I turned to my friend next to me and said that it should be an interesting battle for second place.

Snare drummer Scott "Hulka" McCoy also took first in the snare solo competition. Trumpet player Rachel Rodriguez took first in the trumpet solo competition.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show, congrats to Ghost Riders, have not heard you play any better. Whole I&E experience was trememdous, but the din continues at back of mini corps venue, wish people that show up just to show up would SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Star United!!! :doh::tongue::thumbup:

Congratulations to Donny Allen and every member of the Ghost Riders. Your performance was nothing short of spectacular. You made this old alumni proud. I will be wearing my Ghost Rider 2000 T shirt the rest of the weekend. Kudos to the judges for making the correct call IMHO.

BTW, Star was amazing, congrats on your 5-peat.

:devil::smile::thumbup: Congrats to Star Mini Corps which coupled with the LOS performance by Star Alumni has made for a very memorable year. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Mini Corps Scores

71.00 Marksmen

79.33 Skyliners

85.50 Sine Wave

86.50 Vigilantes

91.67 Minnie Brass

93.33 Freelancers

93.67 Golden Eagles

95.33 Mass Brass

98.00 Ghost Riders

99.50 Star United

And congratulations to DCA on the I&E attendance record

Congratulations to Star United on their well deserved win! You guys are the epitome of class and you rocked the house. I knew that 'Stah ####' would work!

Congratulations also to the Ghost Riders on their 2nd place finish. You guys should be proud.

Kudos to all of the mini corps for continuing to make this one of the best events of the weekend.

A special thank you to the Golden Eagles for once again winning the post show festivities and inviting pretty much everyone to partake of their party truck of love!

A shout out and congratulations to our Bay State collegues the Marksmen on their first DCA Mini Corps appearance. We hope to see you back again.

Most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU to my brothers and sisters in Mass Brass. You guys did a fantastic performance and busted a gut all year. I am very proud of the effort put forth by all involved!

Strutta

MASS BRASS

The Freelancers had a mini-corps?! I thought that organization was pushing daisies? Soooo, I take it that the Freelancers mini is a separate entity from the main organization? Curious, were the uniforms of the traditional Freelancer look with the white flap on the red jacket?

Pardon all my questions, I've always been a Freelancers fan.

Just wanted to say how much that I enjoyed everyone's performances. There was a lot of great musicianship on display and some sweet melodies with a lot of creativity. The performance level seems to rise every year!

My special congratulations go to the Ghost Riders. Donny, you really outdid yourself with the arrangements and you really had the group firing on all cylinders! I thought the dynamics were exceptional. For those not there, this group's performance was even more impressive in that they were probably one of the youngest groups as far as performer age. Nice job!!!