The New Giant Meadowland

Recaps are fixed

Edit: Recaps are down again. Wonder is someone messed up again?

Edited by fsubone

GE Music looks a little funny

For Cadets-BD, I thought the same thing. Especially with Al Chez (former Cadet, Crossmen brass staff)wearing the hat. Interestingly, CBC-BD had the same .5 spread at Allentown with Cadets on top. That was with John Bell and Richard Saucedo (former Cavies horn book writer).

Get it, Regiment!!!!!!!

I was at the Show sitting on the 50 yard line..I have not seen the recaps yet, but this is my feeling for tonight...

1) GE - Cadets (They were on fire) GE Music Definitely..Guard might of been a little sloppy. Percussion right on..

2) Blue Devils - Clean marching..(Guard was on fire) Horns very clean, snares little loose

3) Carolina Crown - BIG BIG Sound..Crowd favorite of the kids.

4) Cavaliers - Enjoyed the Visual, Horns not putting out the sound

5) Phantom Regiment - Passionate sound of the night (Awesome)

6) Santa Clara Vanguard - Throw away the Key and LOCK the DOOR!

7) Blue Coats - Not enough effect to get a number

8) Blue Stars - Growing pains back up to the top...

Finally home from the show. I sat in section 239, 6 rows up, pretty much on the 50. The show had to start 15 minutes late because of the sheer amount of people trying to get in the stadium! (Also, I couldn't help but notice David Gibbs sitting 3 rows in front of me...)

Blue Stars - Missed parts of their show because my camera was full after one picture :/ ... Their percussion is VERY underrated IMO. Their brass can play, and guard isn't lacking either, but I don't see this in the top 8, possibly not top 10 at the end of season (Just a good show lost in a GREAT season of drum corps).

Bluecoats - This was my first time seeing them live, and they did not disappoint! Creep was easily the best moment of the show and the quadrophonic section is really cool in person. However, there is still a lot of visual dirt to clean, especially the new-ish ending (a LOT of phasing at the end).

Tubas. :w00t::thumbup::worthy: That is all.

Cavaliers - I thought they were flatter than a pepsi sitting in the sun for hours :( ... up until Jungle Tango. Crowd loved the upside down stuff as expected. Their brass was loud for the first hit, the "BD squat" in Jungle Tango, and the "coronation" as they call it; other than that, they didn't seem as loud as I hoped (possibly because of my seat). I thought if there was ever a night Crown could beat them, tonight was it.

Blue Devils - You know what, their show wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. They definitely move well, and play even better. One thing I never thought I would say about BD: even with mics, I couldn't hear their screamers! (Again, possibly because of where I sat) I definitely enjoyed the show.

(Quick Note: I'm buyng the pre-season recordings from now on, because what they play now pales in comparison the book they started with IMHO)

INT - Wet. I talked with some friends in HS who don't get exposed to much drum corps, and they loved what they saw.

SCV - One of the bigger surprises of the night for me. I didn't expect much from them at the beginning of the season, but boy have they cleaned up nicely :) Guard was fantastic. I thought they could easily place fifth...

...until Phantom took the field. By far the loudest corps of the night! It felt like I was standing right in front of them while they performed, they were THAT LOUD (Mind you, I've gotta be at least 50 yards from the hornline). Guard was excellent and I learned what the Rockford File was, too. They had my mom and I standing and screaming by the end of the show, I loved it.

Crown - I saw them perform in Jackson in July, and this show was just as enjoyable, if not more, than it was then. I thought I'd get bored of the whole "rock star" feel, but when they perform it's hard to not like them. I'm not a guard guy, but I think they should be scored MUCH higher than they are right now; some of the stuff they do is just mesmerizing. The hornline can EASILY win high brass by next Saturday. I still think they were better than the Cavaliers tonight.

Cadets - They are in a perfect situation: they have a show that plays enough to the crowd that anyone can enjoy it while maxing out the judges' sheets, they take down BD at least one more time before Championships and, unlike BD, THEY CAN STILL CLEAN THIS SHOW. THey were firing on all cylinders tonight and got a mid show standing 'O from my section (who was undoubtedly pro-Cadets)

Finals week is looking REALLY good :thumbup:

• Like 3

I was at the Show sitting on the 50 yard line..I have not seen the recaps yet, but this is my feeling for tonight...

1) GE - Cadets (They were on fire) GE Music Definitely..Guard might of been a little sloppy. Percussion right on..

2) Blue Devils - Clean marching..(Guard was on fire) Horns very clean, snares little loose

3) Carolina Crown - BIG BIG Sound..Crowd favorite of the kids.

4) Cavaliers - Enjoyed the Visual, Horns not putting out the sound

5) Phantom Regiment - Passionate sound of the night (Awesome)

6) Santa Clara Vanguard - Throw away the Key and LOCK the DOOR!

7) Blue Coats - Not enough effect to get a number

8) Blue Stars - Growing pains back up to the top...

Cadets GE music definitely. TOC shows have different effect sheets.

Crowd loved Cadets , Crown ,Phantom , Devils in that order

Phantom was on fire

WOOHOO Regiment SAK!

So excited and can't wait to fly to Indy on Wednesday!

Excited is a good way to look at it! Can't wait to see what Thursday brings.

I do have to say that I feel very odd posting in this thread. I really like all 8 Corps, THIS is not how it should be. IMO! Thanks for a great 2011 season, it has been frikin GREAT!

PEACE!