2012 World Class Standings

Ummm, yeah. Isn't that the whole point of this topic? To compare corps from different shows with different panels 3500 miles apart and then rank them? No one said this is how it'll be come Finals or heck even the first regional. The small scoring spreads are a topic every year esp. in June. Don't get too serious.

jeez, that was MY point, ie don't take these scores " so serious". But ok, we're both saying the same thing apparently.

• Like 1

I love how people get their panties in a bunch or get over excited over scores in June.

Relax folks. It's June.

Scores are meaningless until we see all the corps at the same show with the same judging panel.

Really not trying to pee in anyone's Cherrios here. Just saying...

• Like 1

When was the last time Spirit of Atlanta beat The Cavaliers? I can't remember Spirit ever beating The Cavaliers. Of Course, I have only really been around Drum Corps since 1999. I remember The Cavaliers always being a Powerhouse Corps that took no prisoners. I have always been a true fan of Spirit of Atlanta, even through the not so good years. But I have to say that I'm excited that Spirit of Atlanta is doing so well this year. I want to give a huge shout out to the administration, instructional staff, design team, & the members for doing wonderful things this year! You have made a believer out of me again!! looking forward to great things coming from Spirit of Atlanta this season, and for many seasons to come!!

These caption scores are from Woodbury, MN for Spirit of Atlanta and Orlando, FL for The Cavaliers!

Visual Effect: Spirit of Atlanta - 14.1 / The Cavaliers - 13.6

Musical Effect: Spirit of Atlanta - 14.1 / The Cavaliers - 13.3

Visual Analysis: Spirit of Atlanta - 14.2 / The Cavaliers - 13.3

Music Analysis: Spirit of Atlanta - 14.6 / The Cavaliers - 14.8

Music Brass: Spirit of Atlanta - 13.4 / The Cavaliers - 14.8

• Like 2

When was the last time Spirit of Atlanta beat The Cavaliers? I can't remember Spirit ever beating The Cavaliers. Of Course, I have only really been around Drum Corps since 1999. I remember The Cavaliers always being a Powerhouse Corps that took no prisoners. I have always been a true fan of Spirit of Atlanta, even through the not so good years. But I have to say that I'm excited that Spirit of Atlanta is doing so well this year. I want to give a huge shout out to the administration, instructional staff, design team, & the members for doing wonderful things this year! You have made a believer out of me again!! looking forward to great things coming from Spirit of Atlanta this season, and for many seasons to come!!

These caption scores are from Woodbury, MN for Spirit of Atlanta and Orlando, FL for The Cavaliers!

Well if you have been around drum corps since 99 then you will know what you just posted is complete non-sense...differnt shows...differnt panels...and not even full panels at that...should I say June? :tongue:

• Like 2

Something tells me Boston is about to shake things up

I agree ...69.05 first show in Clovis... Might be the new kid on the block

• Like 1

I am glad you are so excited and are pulling for your team. I am excited too that Spirit 2011 does not seem to have been a anomaly, but the start of a true turn around.

All that said, the other posters are correct. Different shows and different judges. As drama filled and exciting as it may be, Spirit did not, has not yet, may not beat the Cavaliers this season.

• Like 1

You are correct that you can't really say that SoA "beat" Cavies with these numbers. It's no apples-to-apples comparison. But I think the first few days of numbers DO clearly show that in 2012 Spirit of Atlanta is no longer in a battle to fight their way into finals. They are more likely going to be doing battle this season for a finish somewhere in the 10-8 range. And for this corps to even be having a discussion about their scores being in close proximity to Cavies, Madison, etc. is a HUGE thing for the organization. Alumni, family and those with SoA ties have every reason to be proud and psyched about what's happening in Atlanta.

• Like 1

You are correct that you can't really say that SoA "beat" Cavies with these numbers. It's no apples-to-apples comparison. But I think the first few days of numbers DO clearly show that in 2012 Spirit of Atlanta is no longer in a battle to fight their way into finals. They are more likely going to be doing battle this season for a finish somewhere in the 10-8 range. And for this corps to even be having a discussion about their scores being in close proximity to Cavies, Madison, etc. is a HUGE thing for the organization. Alumni, family and those with SoA ties have every reason to be proud and psyched about what's happening in Atlanta.

Absolutely. If the outscoring continues for several shows however, it can no longer be written off as a "fluke" but become "habit." Here's to hoping Spirit keeps up their A-game and turns some heads.

You, my sir, have it correct. Just to be in the discussions with Cavies and Scouts is a treat. But, and I'm sure to organization would agree, as long as the fans come away with a great experience from SoA that's all that matters.