Phantom Regiment 2016

I also like how you contradict yourself by saying Madison and Cavaliers are archaic for remaining true to their roots.

I never said anything of the sort. I never mentioned anything at all about " roots ", what it is, what defines it, nor if these Corps have it or not, as it is defined. ( Cadets were once an All Male Corps.. did they abandon " their roots " by deciding to go Coed ? ) Nice try though.

Edited by BRASSO

Modern day DCI includes Cavaliers winning in the last decade (Machine, 2006.)

Maybe, maybe not. 2016 will be a full decade ( 10 years ) from the last time an All Male Corps won a DCI Title. Will these All Male Corps win another DCI in the next decade ?. Who knows ? Nobody does. But I don't believe either will. 2016-2026 DCI will be so much different than DCI 2006 that excluding women from participation over the next decade will most likely not allow these All Male Corps to catch the Coed BD again in their very self limiting All Male format anymore.

Edited by BRASSO

I never said anything of the sort. I never mentioned anything at all about " roots ", what it is, what defines it, nor if these Corps have it or not, as it is defined. ( Cadets were once an All Male Corps.. did they abandon " their roots " by deciding to go Coed ? ) Nice try though.

Well maybe you should ask pre 1969 male members. Many would say YES!

I hope Phantom Regiment keeps their change of a few years back to an All Female Guard. I love watching them perform. And way better than the All Male Guards too. Speaking of which.. I'd like to see both the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts come into the 21st century. Neither look to me like they can compete any longer at the top tier levels of modern day DCI with their archaic, and outdated policies of remaining exclusionary to women.

Just to be clear, it is your opinion that organizations/teams/competitive activities need to be inclusive of both genders in order to "come into the 21st century"?

Would you prefer that there are specific competitive classes based upon gender? I guess there would be three then: coed, male, female......

Please don't reference a Jenner.

It has been a good Wednesday, & a Bruce debate is not on my docket!!!!

btw All Girls dci is a great history

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. 2016 will be a full decade ( 10 years ) from the last time an All Male Corps won a DCI Title. Will these All Male Corps win another DCI in the next decade ?. Who knows ? Nobody does. But I don't believe either will. 2016-2026 DCI will be so much different than DCI 2006 that excluding women from participation over the next decade will most likely not allow these All Male Corps to catch the Coed BD again in their very self limiting All Male format anymore.

Between my hospital oncology tests, upcoming surgery preparations, and the immanent possibilities of being on dialysis if the surgery isn't successful, I am trying to work up a presentation on a different perspective toward color guard judging than the one currently applied in recent years and answer Ream and Guardling as well.. Please stand by.

I will concede to what you do not say explicitly but what I read into and in between the lines and state herewith in my own words, perhaps expanding your presumptions: the current consideration of guard has made "dance" such a requisite that male guards are limited in judging perceptions while female guards like Regiment and others are given a bye because some feel more comfortable with the soft/feminine side of movement in that aspect. Of course, there were the attempts by Madison to compensate this season, but those props were nicknamed on the tour buses of some corps, "The Inflatables." (Imagine if the "Paris" show if Regiment had an all male guard...would they be as effective as the Phantomettes' portrayal?) 'Nough said.

My proposition is that a corps could have a great guard and deserve exceptional credit in visual effect, visual proficiency, and visual performance as well as the guard sheet without dancing. Machine is one such example of a type of entertaining, well integrated but not-BD style show. There are probably others with the creative minds and dreams of the 23 design teams of World Class and the even larger numbers of Open Class corps. But the WGI crowd in DCI have so limited guards to what WGI guards do, very often in a cookie-cutter way, that the activity is restricted. (Cf. the problems of Cadets guard trying to be Toy Soldiers several seasons back or Troopers "Wild Horses" this season.)

Some have such a limited view of what visual movement is, either marching or dancing, that other options are not within their realm. Bluecoats hint at other possibilities.

Edited by xandandl

Between my hospital oncology tests, upcoming surgery preparations, and the immanent possibilities of being on dialysis if the surgery isn't successful, I am trying to work up a presentation on a different perspective toward color guard judging than the one currently applied in recent years and answer Ream and Guardling as well.. Please stand by.

I will concede to what you do not say explicitly but what I read into and in between the lines and state herewith in my own words, perhaps expanding your presumptions: the current consideration of guard has made "dance" such a requisite that male guards are limited in judging perceptions while female guards like Regiment and others are given a bye because some feel more comfortable with the soft/feminine side of movement in that aspect. Of course, there were the attempts by Madison to compensate this season, but those props were nicknamed on the tour buses of some corps, "The Inflatables." (Imagine if the "Paris" show if Regiment had an all male guard...would they be as effective as the Phantomettes' portrayal?) 'Nough said.

My proposition is that a corps could have a great guard and deserve exceptional credit in visual effect, visual proficiency, and visual performance as well as the guard sheet without dancing. Machine is one such example of a type of entertaining, well integrated but not-BD style show. There are probably others with the creative minds and dreams of the 23 design teams of World Class and the even larger numbers of Open Class corps. But the WGI crowd in DCI have so limited guards to what WGI guards do, very often in a cookie-cutter way, that the activity is restricted. (Cf. the problems of Cadets guard trying to be Toy Soldiers several seasons back or Troopers "Wild Horses" this season.)

Some have such a limited view of what visual movement is, either marching or dancing, that other options are not within their realm. Bluecoats hint at other possibilities.

I know you are answering " him" but given what your personal issues are right now. DON"t worry about answering anything. That is far more important than any nonsense here. prayers are with ya. I get where youre coming from....totally

How about a coed corps going with an all male guard?

I'm not advocating that but I think it would make heads explode.

Now I may be completely wrong, but isn't BD's rifle line all male? I know it is a subset, but still germain. At least I think so. Edited by Jurassic Lancer