Battle in Belton, 7/21/16

I don't understand these scores OC and Spirit are closer to Colts, than Colts are to Troop? I'd say Colts are just as clean as Troop and honestly have a better book. I could see the separation at the start of the season, but not now.

I don't understand these scores OC and Spirit are closer to Colts, than Colts are to Troop? I'd say Colts are just as clean as Troop and honestly have a better book. I could see the separation at the start of the season, but not now.

NOPE

At this rate Boston is going to be lucky if they don't end up in 14th...yeesh

And that makes me so sad ... :( I always love BAC. I really don't know what is going on this year. I can't even get into the program yet, myself. Any insight into what's going on here? You always seem to be "in the know" when it comes to Boston.

Go figure. Seemed to me that Troop had a rather ragged run. The yellow ribbon was mishandled, there was a prominent drop; the soloists had a tough run; looked like some missed sets by a couple performers.

The yellow ribbon has not been cleanly handled in any performance of theirs I've seen this year. But I've felt they've been a little underscored for a while, even accounting for that and other flaws.

Between this show and Denton, plenty of surprises.

Phantom: congratulations on 1st place. Blue Stars, you seem to be having a pretty solid season.

Madison: beware, Crossmen are creeping pretty close.

Speaking of pretty close, BAC, while you're closer to Crossmen than you were earlier this week, Troopers had an unexpected close final score. I haven't seen BAC since Cranston, and due to Internet issues, I have not opted for DCI Live. From the sounds of it, there are some changes, and things have been added to the show, but it also sounds as if some problems have not been addressed. Back in 2004, I predicted after a horrible game 3, the Red Sox would win game 4 and 5-7, and it happened, but game 4 may be San Antonio. Academy, you may need to be nervous too.

I would have expected Colts to be a bit closer to Troopers.

The yellow ribbon has not been cleanly handled in any performance of theirs I've seen this year. But I've felt they've been a little underscored for a while, even accounting for that and other flaws.

I can't say whether it's been cleanly handled at other times, but tonight it was obvious: like a shoelace that's too long on one side, it had extra length dangling on the field on side one, while performers on side 2 were empty-handed. Stuff happens. Better tonight than Saturday.

Between this show and Denton, plenty of surprises.

Phantom: congratulations on 1st place. Blue Stars, you seem to be having a pretty solid season.

Madison: beware, Crossmen are creeping pretty close.

Speaking of pretty close, BAC, while you're closer to Crossmen than you were earlier this week, Troopers had an unexpected close final score. I haven't seen BAC since Cranston, and due to Internet issues, I have not opted for DCI Live. From the sounds of it, there are some changes, and things have been added to the show, but it also sounds as if some problems have not been addressed. Back in 2004, I predicted after a horrible game 3, the Red Sox would win game 4 and 5-7, and it happened, but game 4 may be San Antonio. Academy, you may need to be nervous too.

I would have expected Colts to be a bit closer to Troopers.

I echo your entire post 100%

Haven't managed to see a lot of the Open class corps though, I've heard good things about SCVC and BDB this year, as well as Genesis.

Based on Stanford, SCVC and BDB are technically accomplished but not very interesting. That was very early, though. Genesis might have an edge on them this year. Legends, Spartans, and 7th Regiment shouldn't be too far behind. I haven't seen any others yet who could finish in the O.C. top six, but there are yet gaps in my viewing.