Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I'm not the one repeating my personal complaints about the show flaws over and over, as if the Cadets are scouring this forum to find the error of their ways.

"as if" - it is well-documented Hopkins reads this forum often

"complaints" - they are called opinions and ideas < this is a discussion forum, this is what we do, discuss

listening to hear is a big part of leadership, that skill set is needed now more than ever in Cadets-land IMO

6 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I just got back from tonight's show site.  Colts look much better than last year.  They currently have 7 holes due to injuries (ankles).  One guard member accidentally hit a baritone player in the head in the gym so he is out for concussion protocol.  It is just not the Cadets that are dealing with injuries this year.  It will be perfect weather for tonight's show.  There could be an issue with wind as it comes and goes.  Hopefully by tonight wind won't be an issue.  

I was surprised to see the number of tickets already purchased for this event.  It is not a sell-out, but pretty close.  There are no seats available between the 30 yard lines.

great to hear the crowd will be large - that's awesome for the corps

sad to hear all the injuries with the Colts - it's a concerning pattern the past few years within many corps 

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Actually, I wanted the uniform for the pic, but there weren't any good ones of my son.  I think the pic I used actually WAS from one of the drum majors, though I don't remember which one.

Good luck to your son! I also have a connection so we're on the same team :)

• Like 1

I just posted a notice on the Cadets Facebook page.  There is a horrible accident on IH435 right now.  One semi truck is on fire.  Two semi trucks and 2 other vehicles were involved in this accident.  Needless to say, it is going to impact the Cadets travel time to the show site tonight.  Though the accident occurred mainly on Eastbound IH435, Westbound IH435 (which the Dates will be traveling on) is almost at a crawl right now.  There are multiple injuries in this accident.

2 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I just posted a notice on the Cadets Facebook page.  There is a horrible accident on IH435 right now.  One semi truck is on fire.  Two semi trucks and 2 other vehicles were involved in this accident.  Needless to say, it is going to impact the Cadets travel time to the show site tonight.  Though the accident occurred mainly on Eastbound IH435, Westbound IH435 (which the Dates will be traveling on) is almost at a crawl right now.  There are multiple injuries in this accident.

Super of you to think ahead. Prayers for all involved.

Three people have been sent to the hospital.  One of them is in critical condition.  Westbound IH435 is moving at a crawl.  I would recommend a different route for the corps, but the large buses and semi trailers would be a problem.  

On a positive note, I am very excited to see the Cadets tonight at FULL STRENGTH!

• Like 1

Weird. To me it seems Mr. Dixon is about 90 percent positive in his posts about Cadets with the other 10 being (seems to me) well considered constructive criticism. Who wants 100 percent sunshine pumps all the time?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Weird. To me it seems Mr. Dixon is about 90 percent positive in his posts about Cadets with the other 10 being (seems to me) well considered constructive criticism. Who wants 100 percent sunshine pumps all the time?  

Thanks. I've always tried to be constructive and honest

A "good fan" (IMO) is an honest one. Not a blind one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Three people have been sent to the hospital.  One of them is in critical condition.  Westbound IH435 is moving at a crawl.  I would recommend a different route for the corps, but the large buses and semi trailers would be a problem.  

On a positive note, I am very excited to see the Cadets tonight at FULL STRENGTH!

just watched the FB live video Hop just posted - looks like a guard hole? But others wise FULL!! At least that's how it seemed in the video

I suggest that the costumes, narration, and props add exactly nothing to the show, so I make the following suggestions from an uneducated member of the peanut gallery:

• Go back to the maroon and gold with regular old shakos and plumes. No costume changes. They add nothing.
  • Either ditch the Officiant altogether or work with him to sound more like his character and not an actual Officiant. The narration adds nothing.
  • Get rid of all of the props. They add nothing. Let the drill be the show.

This adds clarity, reduces clutter, and makes this religious thing much more subtle.

• Like 1