Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup the old ending was too abrupt 

The brass line is coming along also 

but note the one instructor's comment at the very end. Drew, maybe instead of the trills...  (Trills were in the ;90 version, yes?_

Always a work in progress.

18 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Nailed it. 

Well I just had a crap load of alcohol so I am extremely drunk right now. Yes. I am addicted to adrenaline rushes, hence my joining the military. 

Ahhh the glory days. 

Where did you get this? 

I wish I could see the drill from this show. 

Interesting to hear the judge still call them sopranos and contras. Wonder how long that stuck around among that community.

It's not every day you get to hear a new recording of Cadets 2000 (this makes the fourth one I know of floating around, that I've been able to find over the past 12 years. Haven't been able to find quarters or semis either.) Best drum corps show. Would love to see them return to a show design like this for next year and see how it would do. Why not?

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

I'd be interesting to hear what the judges are saying, because I can't believe judges aren't advising them to lose the robes on the hornline. They should just stick with the maroon top and cream pants and leave it at that. The robes just make them look dirtier IMO.

8 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'd be interesting to hear what the judges are saying, because I can't believe judges aren't advising them to lose the robes on the hornline. They should just stick with the maroon top and cream pants and leave it at that. The robes just make them look dirtier IMO.

Agreed

and lose the officiant 

both are ineffective and unnecessary 

Those two things would dramatically improve effectiveness and audience appeal 

being screamed at to pray isn't appropriate or effective in a football stadium setting 

• Like 5

Just now, George Dixon said:

Agreed

and lose the officiant 

both are ineffective and unnecessary 

Those two things would dramatically improve effectiveness and audience appeal 

being screamed at to pray isn't appropriate or effective in a football stadium setting 

Yes. The narration does nothing to add to the show. I would just be really surprised in the judges weren't telling them that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Yes. The narration does nothing to add to the show. I would just be really surprised in the judges weren't telling them that.

Hopefully they will listen

9 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Something is off with their drumline and pit

Being heard is a problem 

the pit uniforms are a problem 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I agree. There's been corps in the past that have tried similar looks and I'm sure it affected visuals in a bad way. I can't figure out why Cadets would think it would work for them. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
Redundancy

23 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I sure hope someone does.