Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

The stands were packed tonight! Granville came out in force. The last year ensemble rehearsal went like clockwork and the final run looked very, very good. I am feeling very good about this corps! Indianapolis, here we come!

I had some doubts earlier about this show, but no so much any more now. This show will smoke by August !!?

• Like 4

I saved the leaked picture, can PM if anyone wants to see (just PM me, don't reply to this saying you want to see it) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I saved the leaked picture, can PM if anyone wants to see (just PM me, don't reply to this saying you want to see it) 

Naughty

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I too, have the pic.

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

I too, have the pic.

Naughty

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Some concluding thoughts about 2017 Bluecoats' Spring Training:

1) There was a poll recently which asked which is your favorite Bluecoats show. As I recall Tilt won. I was thinking about this on the way home tonight, and I think this is my favorite. I'm serious and this isn't a caught in the moment kind of thing. I really love this show.

2) This is the anti chop-and-bop show. Prelude / Psychopomp, Grow 'Till Tall, One Study and Zomby Woof are all fully developed pieces. Bloo takes its time to flesh out the tunes fully and richly.

3) Steve Roninaro last year remarked after seeing Bloo that there were no weaknesses in the corps. Guess what? This year, there are no weaknesses in the corps. It is the total package.

4) There is a lot of buzz about BD's guard and BAC's guard. After Thursday night there may be a lot of buzz about Bloo's guard. I am serious. They are very, very good.

5) Drill is not dead. There is a lot of raw drill meat to munch on with this show. Yes there is a ton of body movement and choreography, but there is some excellent run-and-gun, clocking over 200 bpm.

6) Yes, I am hyping the show, and I will keep on hyping it until I get my Blu Rays hopefully in November.

Anti chop n bop huh? Sounds like Tilt. I'm excited now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Some concluding thoughts about 2017 Bluecoats' Spring Training:

1) There was a poll recently which asked which is your favorite Bluecoats show. As I recall Tilt won. I was thinking about this on the way home tonight, and I think this is my favorite. I'm serious and this isn't a caught in the moment kind of thing. I really love this show.

2) This is the anti chop-and-bop show. Prelude / Psychopomp, Grow 'Till Tall, One Study and Zomby Woof are all fully developed pieces. Bloo takes its time to flesh out the tunes fully and richly.

3) Steve Roninaro last year remarked after seeing Bloo that there were no weaknesses in the corps. Guess what? This year, there are no weaknesses in the corps. It is the total package.

4) There is a lot of buzz about BD's guard and BAC's guard. After Thursday night there may be a lot of buzz about Bloo's guard. I am serious. They are very, very good.

5) Drill is not dead. There is a lot of raw drill meat to munch on with this show. Yes there is a ton of body movement and choreography, but there is some excellent run-and-gun, clocking over 200 bpm.

6) Yes, I am hyping the show, and I will keep on hyping it until I get my Blu Rays hopefully in November.

I always really trust and enjoy what you say.   I know you're gonna be honest and still super positive/good in how you word your criticisms.  I find I usually agree with your tastes too.  I suspect that will continue.  Can't wait for Bluecoats 2017!  

Regardless of hoopla people create over a prop or uniforms or electronics I know at the core under all that superficial stuff there is still just great drum corps.   1st or 39th I'm sure I am gonna love them again.  The way they make me feel every year is not measured by a number.   

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Regardless of hoopla people create over a prop or uniforms or electronics I know at the core under all that superficial stuff there is still just great drum corps.   1st or 39th I'm sure I am gonna love them again.  The way they make me feel every year is not measured by a number.   

38 corps better than Bloo? If Bloo comes in 39th, this will be the best year ever!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1