Favorite 2016 visual moments

The sensory overload of The Cavaliers closer was my favorite three or four minutes of the season. Every time I watched it I saw something new. The trombone player kicking the cone was up there with "The Wink" for best individual moment of the summer.

Also, everything Crown's color guard did.

Madison carrying Judas during the drum break and the transition to the big company front hit afterward.

I've mentioned it a few times before, but I liked Madison's forming what appeared to be the Grail (with the scaffolding as the rim of the cup).

• Like 1

Which one [i.e., wink], as the flugelhorn soloist for The Academy did it first (recaptured in the big screen video segment shown later in the week) ...

On Thursday, Academy's soloist gave a big smile but not a wink to the camera. On Saturday, he also blew the camera a kiss.

DCI's video montage Saturday night revealed that someone else winked to the camera, presumably on Friday (which I didn't watch at the time), but I couldn't tell who it was.

On Thursday, Academy's soloist gave a big smile but not a wink to the camera. On Saturday, he also blew the camera a kiss.

DCI's video montage Saturday night revealed that someone else winked to the camera, presumably on Friday (which I didn't watch at the time), but I couldn't tell who it was.

It was BAC's laid back trumpet solo Edited by Corpfan

About 5 min into SCV's show in the middle of the second movement, there's a part where the horn block folds on itself with the marchers skipping. That's really neat.

I liked the star-to-shield at the end, before the reprise, too. The star appears so briefly you almost miss it, before they lock into the shield set. Very cool.

Edited by RickCogley

Which one as the fluegel horn soloist for The Academy did it first (recaptured in the big screen video segment shown later in the week) or Shayne O'Brien's wink after his solo with Bloo at the prelims and Finals; not done in Semis. ??

I apologize for not even knowing that someone from Academy did it first when I posted this (I missed that one). I was talking about Shayne from the Bluecoat's first wink at prelims.

Although having seen several since then, I loved all the "camera flirts" this year. I think "Best Camera Flirt" should be a new caption.

• Like 1

The trombone player kicking the cone was up there with "The Wink" for best individual moment of the summer.

Was it spontaneous?

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

The sensory overload of The Cavaliers closer was my favorite three or four minutes of the season. Every time I watched it I saw something new. The trombone player kicking the cone was up there with "The Wink" for best individual moment of the summer.

I was just watching the awards ceremony for 1994. There was a tie for seventh that year between Blue Knights and Crossmen, and there would have a tie for fifth between Santa Clara Vanguard and Madison Scouts as well, except that the Scouts were penalized one tenth of a point . . .

. . . for knocking down a cone.

• Like 1