Volunteering Under 21

What corps allow people under 21 to volunteer for a day, say at the food truck.

#TheDaughter did a stint on Crown's food truck at 15, but her Mom was there and her brother was marching. If she didn't pull her weight, they wouldn't have hesitated to send her home.

As I recall, many people remarked how well behaved the crew was when she was working. LOL!

Honestly, would any corps really turn away a volunteer? Provided they are at least reasonably capable of helping out with what is needed. Generally same age as marching, and you're good to go. Obviously younger ages would probably require an adult with them, but it doesn't matter if you're marching age. A helping hand is a helping hand. Volunteers are so badly needed at just about every corps. Have fun and enjoy the experience!

My daughter (14) and I volunteered all offseason for Genesis last year. At move ins she stayed a few days on her own with them, but at that point they were familiar with her and the others kept an eye on her for me. Honestly, if you arrange it ahead of time, I'm sure there'd be little to no problem. Like they said, every corps needs the help!

Mike

No one will turn down volunteer help. If you're under 18 I think most will prefer you to have a parent with you as well.

I have been around corps where they have had volunteers as young as 13, but usually in those cases they have a sibling marching the corps or a parent is volunteering as well. Best thing would be contact the corps directly to find out. Volunteering for corps is so much fun and rewarding, and 99% of the people you will meet are amazing.

Fun story about an under 21 volunteer. Early in 2004, there was a euph at PC who ended up being cut around February. He ended up volunteering on the food truck with Cavies that summer. Somewhere midseason, a Cavies baritone got hurt, and since this guy was already on tour they gave him the spot. And we all know how that season ended for them.