2017 Uniform Thread

I like the Colts uniform change. Not sure I like the shakos though; they look too large.

1 hour ago, xbones7480 said:

I like the Colts uniform change. Not sure I like the shakos though; they look too large.

+1  Regarding shakos, IMO, if it's big enough to go over your ears it's too big.  Re: the Colts shakos specifically, they kind of remind me of that old-fashioned striped candy my grandmother used to have at Christmas...

27a2e30dcc39b4be787b72b1b490757b.jpg

3 hours ago, xbones7480 said:

They look large, but that is becoming a new trend.

I'm glad that they are back to the red again. The black and white didn't look good on them, they are after all the red team.

20 hours ago, xandandl said:

They seem almost a retrofit of The Guardsmen's "oat meal boxes" circa 1970's.

Then again, the view of the photo is from below looking up. For all we know for certain it might be another version of Crown's faux shako with a different feather plume. I much prefer the lively red to the gloomy grey.

...Guardsmen was the first thought when I saw those...

7 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Well, the Blue Devils have sort of been the ring leader of activity for a while now. 

It's hard to think of a uniform design that they didn't influence... from the conquistador jackets to the tight, high waist cut top, to the long coats, etc.  Groups often follow their lead.  Which isn't a bad thing.  They almost always look sharp and fresh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

It's hard to think of a uniform design that they didn't influence... from the conquistador jackets to the tight, high waist cut top, to the long coats, etc.  Groups often follow their lead.  Which isn't a bad thing.  They almost always look sharp and fresh.

I agree.  In the last 7-8 years, even when I have objected to specific details of their uniforms, the uniforms as a whole have always looked good on the field.

Yeah, I think the hats are the en vogue Crown FJM ones. Those look taller from one side than the other. Doubly weird with Crown because with the short sleeves, seeing it from the tall side makes the members look shrunken.

464bfa527275751dfc60870486209605.jpg