2017 Uniform Thread

2017 is looking to be the Year of the Fashionista with all the new costumes, faux uniforms, and assorted threads and dreds.

Any word yet whether the DCI judges are going to wear that same old, same ole (let's blend in with the Madison Scouts and pretend no one in the stands can see us on the field) polo shirt or will DCI be daring too and try something new?

And what about those blue-nosed blue shirts of the TV set. DeLucia and Rondinaro have been wearing those same outfits since Will Pitts first learned how to walk. Of course, there's Father Cesario, always in his black, pontificating about this or that while trying to look svelt. Really???

I say Dan Potter should stop trying to looki like Mr. All American and come out bedecked in something of which Don Cherry would be proud.

What say ye America?  Time for DCI to celebrate it's anniversary with Superduds!    Dan Acheson at least in white tie mode for finals.

Otherwise it comes across as "Do as I say, not as I do."

I'm really looking forward to seeing those Colts uniforms from the press box cam.

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Cesario should have to wear a spandex onesie on camera, if he earns a single buck from any marchers wearing them.

She's the one that pushed DCI in this direction. Ten years ago if you told me we'd witness trampolines, chairs, pews, slides and onesies on the field, I would have laughed at you. HA! You're yankin my chain boy! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Cesario should have to wear a spandex onesie on camera, if he earns a single buck from any marchers wearing them.

For the love of God please no! Lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

She's the one that pushed DCI in this direction. Ten years ago if you told me we'd witness trampolines, chairs, pews, slides and onesies on the field, I would have laughed at you. HA! You're yankin my chain boy! 

Actually it was very predictable imo and alot more to come in the next decade i would bet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Actually it was very predictable imo and alot more to come in the next decade i would bet.

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Can't imagine where it goes from here but Bloo seems to be tapping into it concept wise. As far costumes, I get that it must be bold from up top and allow performers the flexibility to perform their multiple responsibilities. I'm just bothered that it's hard to identify our team. 

25 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

you would say that.

Now go off into the corner and hold your flag at right shoulder until the gun goes off like REAL drum corps used to be.

18 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Can't imagine where it goes from here but Bloo seems to be tapping into it concept wise. As far costumes, I get that it must be bold from up top and allow performers the flexibility to perform their multiple responsibilities. I'm just bothered that it's hard to identify our team. 

I personally think besides uniforms ( costuming ) you will see many other added features enhancing the product as time goes on. I went to the symphony several months ago and the added visuals were incredible . I get how some purists in many forms of the musical activity don't care much for it BUT I think it has attracted many others and surprisingly it was received well from what I could tell at the symphony.

I do get and understand and get what you said about the hard to identify thing.

• Like 1