2017 Uniform Thread

36 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I personally think besides uniforms ( costuming ) you will see many other added features enhancing the product as time goes on. I went to the symphony several months ago and the added visuals were incredible . I get how some purists in many forms of the musical activity don't care much for it BUT I think it has attracted many others and surprisingly it was received well from what I could tell at the symphony.

I do get and understand and get what you said about the hard to identify thing.

In years past, when Cadets starting marching into stadium, I would look away from corps performing and just watch them march in that block with that glorious uniform (yes I said uniform). This season the costuming has little in common with the traditional uni sans colors but it is what it is.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tobias said:

In years past, when Cadets starting marching into stadium, I would look away from corps performing and just watch them march in that block with that glorious uniform (yes I said uniform). This season the costuming has little in common with the traditional uni sans colors but it is what it is.

We all did that with many corps in the past. Maybe still do when you see a corps with a personal style enter a field. ( whatever that might be )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Can someone at least tell me how close the uniform (not counting the colors) is to the Bluecoats' last year?

No 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Can someone at least tell me how close the uniform (not counting the colors) is to the Bluecoats' last year?

Cadets costumes? Not similar at all to Coats last year. They are costumes and unlike anything used in DCI in the past. Jaws will drop imo 

• Like 3

Ok so I don't make alot of comments on the uniform scene, but here goes.

1. Bluecoats- Last year was....interesting.  Didn't love them, didn't hate them.  I have been thinking about it and am now a fan of the no headgear look.  I really like how it adds a way for performers to "perform".  The pants though...please don't bring them back.  I don't like the helmets.

2. Blue Devils- I'm sure it will be another really nice look.  Hopefully, it's closer to 2014 than 2016.

3. Crown- I really hope they do a cream with the modern design.  That would be cool.

4. SCV- I want to see a darker, bolder design.  Less white, more black.  Something along the lines of BAC's uniforms.

5. Cavies- Same as last year with orange accents.

6. Cadets- I love the black but I think it's time to move on.  I think they should go back to the cream primary.

7. Blue Knights- More Blue and Silver.

8. Phantom- I have never been a fan of Phantom's uniforms.  They look chunky to me.  I did like 2003 and 1996, so something like that would be cool.  I'm having a really hard time with Phantom lately, they just seem really dated.

9. Blue Stars- Hopefully just like last year.  They seem like they would fit the theme nicely.

10. Crossmen- The grey looked nice.  Keep it.

11. Academy- The new ones look great.  Top hats are genius.  

12. BAC- Hopefully similar to last year.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:26 PM, Eleran said:

Cesario should have to wear a spandex onesie on camera, if he earns a single buck from any marchers wearing them.

i googled "bath in chocolate", hoping to make a meme, and all i found was pics of female mud wrestlers

so no luck on the meme front, but i think there's definitely a show concept to be found in mud wrestling....and of course, cesario's uniform design for any such show would be FABULOUS

Edited by Lance
  • Like 2