The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

How is Uber there?  We've had zero problems using it in Indy when we're there. 

I used it last year to/from airport with no problems. And then on Fri night to meet with friends about 15 minutes away from Riverland. Had good, quick service each time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks!  

Saw a news piece that you can now tip using the Uber app. I'll like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

How is Uber there?  We've had zero problems using it in Indy when we're there. 

Uber is t crazy expensive. It wasn't allowed in San Antonio when I moved away, but I know they've brought it back. Shouldn't be more than a 5 dollar ride from the dome. Y'all have a beer for me! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CCond said:

Uber is t crazy expensive. It wasn't allowed in San Antonio when I moved away, but I know they've brought it back. Shouldn't be more than a 5 dollar ride from the dome. Y'all have a beer for me! 

Will do!  And I also see a prickly pear margarita in my future..

• Like 3

In light of recent events (and because of the company's terrible customer service and scamming practices in general), I do suggest people use Lyft rather than Uber when possible :) 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In light of recent events (and because of the company's terrible customer service and scamming practices in general), I do suggest people use Lyft rather than Uber when possible :) 

You might be right. I like Lyft a bit better than Uber. But it might also be that every Lyft driver I've had recently has also been an Uber driver. I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

You might be right. I like Lyft a bit better than Uber. But it might also be that every Lyft driver I've had recently has also been an Uber driver. I think.

There's a reason for that. Uber treats their drivers like total crap and the customers almost as badly. 

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I believe I'll give Lyft a try