The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

1 minute ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Random and off topic: anyone from or familiar with LA? I've got 5 hours to kill at LAX tomorrow between flights. Any help with ideas would be great. 

I had a long layover there once and took a shuttle out to Venice beach. It was a nice way to while away the hours.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Random and off topic: anyone from or familiar with LA? I've got 5 hours to kill at LAX tomorrow between flights. Any help with ideas would be great. 

Venice is great. You might get a bit more classic beach atmosphere by heading to Hermosa or Manhattan. ("...all over Manhattan..." from the Beach Boys Surfin' USA). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Venice is great. You might get a bit more classic beach atmosphere by heading to Hermosa or Manhattan. ("...all over Manhattan..." from the Beach Boys Surfin' USA). 

I just did some restaurant searches for places around Venice beach and found out that there's a Salt & Straw there!!! 

Ok...drum corps stuff

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Aisle seats are the best btw.  

Agree..that's always my preferred pick...sometimes at shows it seems you get crowded in...In 2008 I even bought 2 tickets for myself for finals ...so I'd have plenty of room...by the end of the show I was sitting shoulder to shoulder...people just kept crowding me in....I didn't want to say anything...but was just a little peeved..considering I had TWO seats...I'm also the guy that buys two seats on an airplane for lot's of room as well...haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I even bought 2 tickets for myself

I've done the same at some smaller (less expensive) shows. Too pricey for me to do it in Indy. But even if I did, the seat jumpers would spot my empty seat in a nano-second. And since many of those in the later hours are corps members getting a chance to see some shows, I'd end up letting them sit there anyway.

Just looking over the schedule and lineup for tonight. For anyone following scores, there are good competitions still evolving across four levels of corps, from top to (2) middles to bottom. Every corps has something to aim for - and I hope that's making the tour exiting or motivating for mms and their fans.

The numbers are tough for Pioneer, but I've seen that small group enough I'm hoping they get another huge bump in points (3+ points in Belton on Thursday).

On 7/18/2017 at 1:21 PM, Liahona said:

I've compiled a list of housing locations for all the corps along with a google map links. I still need housing info for the following corps as I can't find the info on their websites.

Pioneer, Jersey Surf, Genesis, Seattle Cascades, Oregon Crusaders, and Pacific Crest.

A little late, but PC posted on Facebook from Medina Valley HS last night.

• Like 1

Ok.. so we're killing time for the San Antonio show later today. The site of the show reminds me of this song.