2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

WOW WOW WOW WOW! What an incredible spine tingling performance from Music City. Stunning in every caption. A marked step up from Spartans. Barring some massive cleaning over the last week, I can't see Surf topping that, and I'd bet a good amount of money that MC will be playing again tomorrow for the first time in a few years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

From down here on row 4 I feel like the tribe is coming to get me!

You just have to be faster than ONE other person. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they are restricting cameras?  My wife was able to bring in her big boy lens to the premiere show but wasn't sure if they would stop her today.

Last year Music City gave us regal splendor, this year we had a tribe. What a show! They can certainly reinvent themselves.

Heads up.  I still want the Morse code from Legends translated. Someone said part of it is an SOS

• Like 1

I REALLY want to know what the Morse code says!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

From my count, 46 horns, 34 guard, 17 drumline, ~13 front ensemble.  110 is a terrific size corps to be fielding, especially in New England.

And herein lies a lot of their problems historically... if they could just find a way to get that brass program to the upper tier, they'll be challenging every year.  From what I understand, they have a lot of brass players who are primarily woodwind players and have little brass experience.

110 is a FANTASTIC size!! Especially considering New Hampshire has little in the way of competitive performing arts at the high school level...marching band, winter guard, winter percussion, anything. It's like a drum corps coming out of Montana. I'm sure the public school music programs are great, just not much in terms of competition to prep kids for drum corps.

And agreed on the brass...if they don't advance, it will be because of the music caption (in my opinion); if they do, it will be from their top notch visual prowess that I certainly don't want to slight them of! Credit given where credit is due and Spartans are always the Open Class visual monsters.

1 minute ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Does anyone know if they are restricting cameras?  My wife was able to bring in her big boy lens to the premiere show but wasn't sure if they would stop her today.

I've seen a few DSLRs with teles, but none larger than 5-6" in length.