2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

This is my Ma Bell "reach out and touch someone" show. 

Great job!

Ok. Without having seen Scades in a good week and a half, and having no idea what they've been up to, I initially think it will be an uphill battle for Spartans to make Semis. If their visual & color guard captions get them in, I will *totally* understand....super super super strong & competent from all members. Musically, the opening hit was glorious, the contra solis were wonderful, and I didn't find much else throughout the show that was clean enough to be impressive. A lot of forced ensemble brass sounds, some notable balance issues, and occasional timing blips. I'll mention that Spartans' have not had shows that hold my attention (in comparison to the other top Open shows) within the past few years, and this season is no exception; however, they've certainly earned outright their way into Semis each season, and if they do again this year, it will be deserved as well. 

Spartans had a great run. I'm hoping this will not be their last show of the season. It has demand, but is upbeat and at times humorous. 

• Like 1