Cadets 2018

6 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

It was a great corps this year, and you could tell even from the FloMarching webcasts that these members were driven by this show and their passion to bring it to the people. The corps places one spot lower than last year, but I think the general sentiment on DCP and among many fans is that this was a VASTLY better show than 2016. A huge step up. Come Finals I feel Cadets looked cleaned and polished and put on one heck of a show. The closer was gorgeous with the BIG ending that all drum corps fans come to love. Kudos!

I love your enthusiasm but they finished 7th. Not a Cadet final finish that should be proud of. This this is the CADETS. 10 time World Champs. Only them and BD are double digits winners. 

Edited by afd

3 minutes ago, afd said:

I love your enthusiasm but they finished 7th. Not a Cadet final finish that should be proud of. This this is the CADETS. 10 time World Champs. Only them and BD are double digits winners. 

.... that really sucks, because they're proud anyway, and luckily for them there's nothing someone on the internet who I'm guessing was totally uninvolved can do about it. The Cadets goal was and always is to be the best that they could be, and for such a young corps, they were. They also put on a memorable performance that sets them up extremely well for next year. If any other corps had ~65% of their brass age out, 7/10 pit rookies, and had new brass staff, arrangers, percussion staff, and visual team, I get the feeling they might take a small hit. This year was a year of renewal... hopefully this year will be the first in several years that they can climb back to the Cadet excellence that satisfies the masses. And what good does it to them to not be proud? Who are you to say?

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, afd said:

WOW!!!  A mm puts himself out there to let people know how much those kids love the organization and believe in it whole heartedly.  jwillis put a very nice positive response to the mm's posting and what do you do??  Act like a total d***he.   Keep your negative, unnecessary, heartless comments to yourself and go troll in another thread.  This one has enough.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

.... that really sucks, because they're proud anyway, and luckily for them there's nothing someone on the internet who I'm guessing was totally uninvolved can do about it. The Cadets goal was and always is to be the best that they could be, and for such a young corps, they were. They also put on a memorable performance that sets them up extremely well for next year. If any other corps had ~65% of their brass age out, 7/10 pit rookies, and had new brass staff, arrangers, percussion staff, and visual team, I get the feeling they might take a small hit. This year was a year of renewal... hopefully this year will be the first in several years that they can climb back to the Cadet excellence that satisfies the masses. And what good does it to them to not be proud? Who are you to say?

I loved the Cadets this year. I too marched with them, from 70-72. In 70 we finished 10th a VFW Nats, in 71 were 7th. and in 72 we missed finals by 0.1 after receiving a penalty of 1.8 for overtime. At no time did we feel anything but proud of our corps. Placements should never be the sole measure of success.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, afd said:

And............

They should be proud. They performed their ##### off, given the product. The members are proud of their show. So,if you can do better, go for it.

13 minutes ago, candymancan said:

WOW!!!  A mm puts himself out there to let people know how much those kids love the organization and believe in it whole heartedly.  jwillis put a very nice positive response to the mm's posting and what do you do??  Act like a total d***he.   Keep your negative, unnecessary, heartless comments to yourself and go troll in another thread.  This one has enough.

Not negativity my friend. If this is the placement you should be at then that's it. Maybe 13th is fine then.

3 minutes ago, afd said:

Not negativity my friend. If this is the placement you should be at then that's it. Maybe 13th is fine then.

You literally told young adults not to be proud... please explain how that's not negative? Lol

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, afd said:

What's the acceptable finishing spot for a corps that went thru these changes? When are they worthy of the "proud" label?

• Like 4

I'm not being negative. What I see it giving up. This is a competitive activity. Cadets to me have always been at the fore front of this. Sorry if it sounds negative. It is. What I hear is defeat.

Edited by afd