Cadets 2018

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

giphy.gif

A Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) is such a better way to communicate than speaking lol...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I see your point. Personally, I think BAC is the one they could take out. The hype for them last year was real - this year it was grossly over-exaggerated.

Not really. There was one reddit poster , not connected in any way to Boston, that gave his assessment from an Apri ensemble camp he attended, then 2 reddit posters turned that single assessment into a silly copypasta that went on every reddit's log in for 8 weeks straight... lol.. DCPers average placement for Boston on the prediction thread for last night ( still there for verification ) was sensible and reasonable... 4th... exactly where Boston placed last nite. The hype statistically was actually with Carolina Crown here on DCP and on other social media making predictions. 19 of 28 DCP posters, for example, had Crown winning the show last nite... Only 5 picked Bluecoats. So no, don't let the copypasta sillyness become your susceptibility to that silly agenda.( both of whom, ironically, have proven connections to.... Carolina Crown... lol!)

Cadets are ALREADY a success story for 2018, as they have made it onto the field of competition. Anything from here on in, is the cherry on top of the sundae for them. Good luck to them this weekend, and throughout the summer. Now with GH out of the picture... finally.... they have the opportunity to do very well, as many have said for a couple of years now too. Cadets have a very veteran Corps and should do well, imo... and my goodness, Cadets2 look poised for a terrific season as well after we've heard their brass line video posted a few days ago. good luck and much success this summer to both Corps !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Not really. There was one reddit poster , not connected in any way to Boston, that gave his assessment from an Apri ensemble camp he attended, then 2 reddit posters turned that single assessment into a silly copypasta that went on every reddit's log in for 8 weeks straight... lol.. DCPers average placement for Boston on the prediction thread for last night ( still there for verification ) was sensible and reasonable... 4th... exactly where Boston placed last nite. The hype statistically was actually with Carolina Crown here on DCP and on other social media making predictions. 19 of 28 DCP posters, for example, had Crown winning the show last nite... Only 5 picked Bluecoats. So no, don't let the copypasta sillyness become your susceptibility to that silly agenda.( both of whom, ironically, have proven connections to.... Carolina Crown... lol!)

Cadets are ALREADY a success story for 2018, as they have made it onto the field of competition. Anything from here on in, is the cherry on top of the sundae for them. Good luck to them this weekend, and throughout the summer. Now with GH out of the picture... finally.... they have the opportunity to do very well, as many have said for a couple of years now too. Cadets have a very veteran Corps and should do well, imo... and my goodness, Cadets2 look poised for a terrific season as well after we've heard their brass line video posted a few days ago. good luck and much success this summer to both Corps !

Well, I've seen plenty of posts where people were saying Boston top 3 and so on and so forth. They got 4th last night, but were BD and SCV there they would have certainly placed 6th - exactly where they left off last year. If Cadets were there, it's possible they could have placed 7th. So, yes, I think BAC was overhyped and not just by a few posters.

28 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well, I've seen plenty of posts where people were saying Boston top 3 and so on and so forth. They got 4th last night, but were BD and SCV there they would have certainly placed 6th - exactly where they left off last year. If Cadets were there, it's possible they could have placed 7th. So, yes, I think BAC was overhyped and not just by a few posters.

Ok, but the verification data is there to show  otherwise.. lol... the DCP'ers had them from 2nd to 5th, last nite with the overall pick prediction, by a large margin, coming in as 4th. You can focus on the one that stated " 2nd " or the one that stated " 5th"... or what most stated... " 4th ". The placements for the 2018 season average is " 6th " at the moment on DCP prediction thread too. Again you can focus on  ones that predict"3rd," or the ones that picked" 9th".... But the average for all the DCP'ers is " 6th ". Choose the average here on DCP for all these Corps.. not the homers. The average tends to be more representative of what most fans are thinking. There are ALWAYS going to be fans here and there that tend to be out of the mainstream.. either too high, or too low in predictions. Every Corps has that, Boston ( and Cadets as well ) included. But if the data is there to show what most are thinking, go with that as to what most are thinking. Don't make those a bit out of the mainstream become your representative assessment, if the data is fully available to you to find out what MOST people are actually thinking. Hey, no big deal here... lol... but just a thought.  Enjoy the summer of Drum Corps. its just started !

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I hardly call the results of one show over-hype. I still think Boston has a chance to push into the top 4 or 5. And their brass, percussion, and guard could potentially be top 4, maybe top 3 in any one of those categories. We will have to see how it plays out. I certainly would not make sweeping statements based off one show. The competition is fierce, so no doubt it will not be easy to push up the ladder, but BAC looks and sounds really good to me. 

29 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ok, but the verification data is there to show  otherwise.. lol... the DCP'ers had them from 2nd to 5th, last nite with the overall pick prediction, by a large margin, coming in as 4th. You can focus on the one that stated " 2nd " or the one that stated " 5th"... or what most stated... " 4th ". The placements for the 2018 season average is " 6th " at the moment on DCP prediction thread too. Again you can focus on  ones that predict"3rd," or the ones that picked" 9th".... But the average for all the DCP'ers is " 6th ". Choose the average here on DCP for all these Corps.. not the homers. The average tends to be more representative of what most fans are thinking. There are ALWAYS going to be fans here and there that tend to be out of the mainstream.. either too high, or too low in predictions. Every Corps has that, Boston ( and Cadets as well ) included. But if the data is there to show what most are thinking, go with that as to what most are thinking. Don't make those a bit out of the mainstream become your representative assessment, if the data is fully available to you to find out what MOST people are actually thinking. Hey, no big deal here... lol... but just a thought.  Enjoy the summer of Drum Corps. its just started !

Fair play. And you're right on all points. I get where you are coming from. Should have kept my trap shut. It just seemed to me like a lot of people were putting them in the top 3, but I think sometimes we perhaps see things that aren't really there. Thanks for being so thoughtful and courteous in your reply. Really appreciate it.