Winston-Salem Scores!

"not a Northeast crowd."

Very True, No fights broke out in the stands, people didn't talk through the shows of the corps they are not affiliated with, no drunken beer party in the concourse, no one smoked in the stands, and generally all the spectators were respectful of the people sitting around them.

Definitely not a northeastern crowd.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this show last night, but I have a question about the Bucs. They had 130 member last night and DCA rule calls for 128 max. Two colorguards were alternating thoughout there show by sitting on the side of the field. So, my question is as long as their's 128 on the field competing, it doesn't matter how many members you come on the field with? Does DCI work the same way with 135 max?

I was at this show last night,  but I have a question about the Bucs.  They had 130 member last night and DCA rule calls for 128 max.  Two colorguards were alternating thoughout there show by sitting on the side of the field.  So, my question is as long as their's 128 on the field competing, it doesn't matter how many members you come on the field with?  Does DCI work the same way with 135 max?

To the best of my knowledge, honor guard and DM's are not counted.

To the best of my knowledge, honor guard and DM's are not counted.

That's correct, but the point was that two alternates switched with two other colorguard members during the show. The corps had 128 performing members on the field during the entire show, but 130 total performers counting the alternates.

That's correct, but the point was that two alternates switched with two other colorguard members during the show.  The corps had 128 performing members on the field during the entire show, but 130 total performers counting the alternates.

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

We have 128 performing members, plus three drum majors and an honor guard.

The two members in question are brand new to the activity, and prior to this summer had never so much as picked up a piece of guard equipment or even danced. It is part of the Buccaneer philosophy that if you have the desire and the work ethic, you can be a Buccaneer, regardless of experience (there are a couple members of the brass section that had never touched a brass instrument before thie season as well).

They are performing in sections of the show that are within their ability. How cool is that?

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

We have 128 performing members, plus three drum majors and an honor guard.

The two members in question are brand new to the activity, and prior to this summer had never so much as picked up a piece of guard equipment or even danced. It is part of the Buccaneer philosophy that if you have the desire and the work ethic, you can be a Buccaneer, regardless of experience (there are a couple members of the brass section that had never touched a brass instrument before thie season as well).

They are performing in sections of the show that are within their ability. How cool is that?

This guy never played a valved instrument before membership day in November :)

Has DCA decided on Winston-Salem for 2006 finals? A REAL football field not a baseball......whatever you call it. Winston-Salem would be a great place. Only problem would be Labor day being a college football weekend and having use of Graves Stadium for a couple of years.