what did Pat Sielding...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat Siedling let some of the sideline officials have it after the high brass award was recalled.

In case it hasn't been posted already: Cavies and PR were announced as winners of the Ott trophy.  George Hopkins hauled butt to the sidelines, exchanged words with the DCI brass, and it was announced that a mistake was made.

I am confused as to how Mr.Hopkins knew that a mistake in fact had been made. Recap sheets were not out at that point in time were they? Maybe I just don't understand the scenerio, but I think it is pretty uncommon for directors or anybody to have prior knowledge as to what scores are before they are called out. I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone of anything, I am just looking for someone to shed light on to what really happen. Does anyone know?

5 minutes too late, Stef.  You're slipping. :P

*sigh* Story of my life...

:worthy:

I am confused as to how Mr.Hopkins knew that a mistake in fact had been made.  Recap sheets were not out at that point in time were they?  Maybe I just don't understand the scenerio, but I think it is pretty uncommon for directors or anybody to have prior knowledge as to what scores are before they are called out.  I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone of anything, I am just looking for someone to shed light on to what really happen. Does anyone know?

The directors get recap sheets with their tapes and the sheets from the judges with the comments.

Stef

I am confused as to how Mr.Hopkins knew that a mistake in fact had been made.  Recap sheets were not out at that point in time were they?  Maybe I just don't understand the scenerio, but I think it is pretty uncommon for directors or anybody to have prior knowledge as to what scores are before they are called out.  I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone of anything, I am just looking for someone to shed light on to what really happen. Does anyone know?

actually by that point, I would assume they'd have recaps, as someone has to sign off on the scores.

Can't we all just get along. :)

Actually, I am not sure what was said when they were handing out the trophy for brass. Someone mentioned last night that Cadets and Phantom were announced at first, but then on this forum someone is saying it was Phantom and Cavies.

Hey, being the big Cadets homer that I am I will say that they did have a phenominal brass line, but I might have been inclined to give the trophy to Phantom Regiment. Saw Cadets, Cavaliers, and Phantom 2 times each, and all 3 are just hard to beat. Great brass lines. I just loved Phantom's book the best. Cavaliers had my favorite closer, and Cadets my favorite ballad. Tough call if you ask me. Congrats to Cadets for a well deserved title, but Phantom wins brass in my mind.

Smile...it's Sunday :)

$29.95 per caption award ... I think thats about the going rate to buy a caption

Welcome to MBI ... Marching Band International

so who won high narration?

Depends on who smoked the most pot before going on the field. ^0^