San Antonio Regional

Fair enough. Colts sounds like a high school sophomore to me.

That's what I"m talkin about.

I saw this show two weeks ago, and had the same complaint - I could only make out about every 4th word. Sounds like they still haven't fixed the problem.

Came through perfectly on the Fan Network broadcast. I'm not sure what the problem would be there.

I'll add my 2 cents of disagreement, as well. :tounge2:

BK's voiceover is a different kind of thing than that of the Colts or Cadets. I see the focus of BK's show being on the music, with the verbal stuff as the setup. And, from the comments of people who see the show, it works very well.

See, and to my mind, if you're going to do a show that uses a lot of voiceover/character work, you have to put on your big kid pants and go all the way with it (which Colts do).

Blue Knights use a lot of voiceover too, but don't go big the same way. They're playing it safer, but it's less convincing, as a result.

All IMHO, of course.

• Like 1

That must be a very well educated high school sophomore!

Agreed. Maybe they should just come out and play patriotic music and close with "God Bless America"? That'll get the crowd on their feet!

Edited by BaritoneDad
  • Like 1

And to me, it's the disembodied voice of a college sophomore who's convinced that her poetry is really deep.

So there ya go.

A twitter comment the other night (regarding BK's voice over), said that it made the show too WGI-like.....and now that's all I think of when I watch some of these shows. I like the shows.....but not sure if I like all the voice over.

I really like the Troopers' program. Great music, with enough patriotic music to please the traditionalists, but without being overbearing. But good lord, for the love of all that's holy...clean the dang drill, especially the last two minutes.

Go Spirit! <(

• Like 1