Crossmen 2007 Music Design

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that Aaron. The way AG arranges is one of the most innovative concepts in the marching arts.

For those of you who would like to get to know his style better I would suggest listening to Aqua, Synergy, Transitions, and You Never Know on his website. These are 4 of the greatest windbooks ever written for the marchingband field.

I would add The Journey Within to that list. . .one of my personal favorites of his stuff.

Hello,

Thanks to all for the support!

Now, show your love to The Crossmen as they tackle a demanding musical and visual package!!

Enjoy the music,

Aaron

Sorry - just now found that page - as usual, Mr. Guidry has made a program that's got both his signature brass sound as well as a complex tapestry of a *lot* of source material. Bravo!

And echoing everyone else - thanks so much for the insight into the program; it's something I wish we could get more corps to help the die-hard fans out with.

Mike

And echoing everyone else - thanks so much for the insight into the program; it's something I wish we could get more corps to help the die-hard fans out with.

I agree completely.

However, if corps posted this kind of information, half the posts on DCP would say, "JUST PLAY FOUR SONGS!" and "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TELL US WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING," and "YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE IN MUSIC THEORY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT A CORPS IS PLAYING THESE DAYS."

I'd love to see a breakdown of what a corps is expecting to do musically and visually during the season. DVD commentary helps out, but it's only for the top six and it's only after the season is over...

I like this a lot. Looking forward to seeing it in Atlanta this weekend. Only thing I'll say is I would have liked to hear more Birdland in there :)

bumping this for all the people who keep writing reviews and are confused about the show.

fantastic program. wish i could see this show live, but since i can't make it to ATL this weekend, the only chance I'll get to see it is when Quarterfinals hit the big screen, which i am still looking forward to. I miss DCI Orlando.

GO BONES!!!!