Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

From what I hear, this could be one of the Cadets most entertaining shows in a long while, especially if they can tone down the narration a bit, and that alone makes it far different from Star 1993 or even Cadets 2005.

I do agree, even with the annoying narration, This year's Cadets show is far better than what they put on the field in 2005 and definitely better than Star '93.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't honestly think they will win it all. The Blue Devils showed again last night that the Cadets can be bested. Unfortunately, I think the Cadets will be in the top 5, unfortunate because the narration ruins the show. If they did win, It would be very unpopular. They are obviously drumming and blowing really well - that's a fact. Too bad there has to be narration.....

BD has an opportunity to show that TONIGHT - last night they did not compete against the Cadets.

Narration does not "ruin the show

Maybe for you it does - and if that was what you meant then write "for me the narration ruins the show"

At Allentown the Cadets were extremely well received - got a huge ovation and thousands stayed to watch their victory / encore concert

Hardly "ruined" for many of us buddy.

And if they win in Pasadena it will be because they "blow well and drum well" - which as you said - is a fact.

I do agree, even with the annoying narration, This year's Cadets show is far better than what they put on the field in 2005 and definitely better than Star '93.

please don't sit next to me - I have a feeling we'd annoy one another :)

Star 1993 and Cadets 2005 are two of my favorites ever!!

Just goes to show you taste is personal. Doesn't make you wrong or me right - just two different individuals.

This has to be one of the most poorly worded poll questions I've seen on here. It's asking multiple questions, but only give you a 'yes' and 'no' assuming that EVERYONE thinks that the cadets show is super-controversial in everyone's eyes.

This is clearly misleading by it's nature.

please don't sit next to me - I have a feeling we'd annoy one another :)

Star 1993 and Cadets 2005 are two of my favorites ever!!

Just goes to show you taste is personal. Doesn't make you wrong or me right - just two different individuals.

Well, I don't think there's much chance of that happening unless you're going to the Houston or San Antonio shows.

I'm really a pretty open minded guy but for some reason electronics in drum corps just rubs me the wrong way. It has since I first found out about it. I just figured it would open doors for more annoying things. I made peace with amped pits even though I though it unneccessary. Narration (or amped voice of any kind) just drives me up the wall. I just can't stand it. My opinion.

By the way, my two favorite shows are Madison 1999 and Blue Devils 1979. Go figure.

Edited by Jazzycat1

First of all, I don't think the poll question is necessary. The poll question presupposes that everyone and their brother hates the Cadets, and that is just not true. People on here need to be careful about stereotypes and also about understanding just how small this market called "DCP" is.

Not true I never said that everyone hated the cadets, especially not me! just compared to many of the other shows talked about on this website alot of people don't care much for the narration

This has to be one of the most poorly worded poll questions I've seen on here. It's asking multiple questions, but only give you a 'yes' and 'no' assuming that EVERYONE thinks that the cadets show is super-controversial in everyone's eyes.

This is clearly misleading by it's nature.

:unsure: one question asked. Are the cadets heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

Well, I don't think there's much chance of that happening unless you're going to the Houston or San Antonio shows.

Well, in that case, I hope you will not be sitting near me either.

Well, according to you, Cadets can do no better than 5th this summer anyway. Secondly, they were not beaten this weekend. I know how giddy you probably were last night with this faulty logic once the scores were announced, but only if BD beats them head to head tonight will they have been "bested". Last night's scores only showed how much better BD was than Cavies, on that night.

Giddy doesn't really explain it. How did I know you'd be first to bash me on this thread today. Very predictable. Sad, but predictable. I really can't wait to see how everyone does tonight. Unbunch your panties and relax. I'm only expressing my opinions...