Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

Alrighty, I'll be nice and spell it out for ya:

Question 1: Will Cadets win?

Question 2: Is their show unpopular?

The original author had the audacity to assume that his opinion was the same for all on these boards by asking if the Cadets were heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever, yet doesn't give you the option to say you don't think it's unpopular!

Get it?

JESUS! what side of the bed did you get out of! Dude calm down it may never happen

I did say I did'nt want to stir trouble. The question was if they were to win would it be the most unpopular show ever to win YES/NO

Also I never assumed that my opinion was the same for everybody. It was a straight forward question really and most the people who answered understood.

Edited by cat699

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, for as much as people are saying that they would at least like the show if they (The Cadets) would just stop talking so much

man.. if cadets did a non-narration show.. with some awesome music.. id be all over it.. but this.. yuck. cut the narration.. give us drum corps

Well, if PT Barnum was correct, then the Cadets are getting all the free publicity they could ever ask for. From George Hopkins' weblog:

> THE INFAMOUS VOICE

it's funny that the voice is not taken by many to be part of the program -- all was created together. It was not put in over top, indeed the spaces were created for the voice, and yes, there are times where we want the voice and music to co-exist.

That said, we continue the adjustments. Tuesday, we are revamping the entire voice presentation. We are working to leave room for the voice and the music ... this will require ... less words! and more poignant conversation!

Most folks love the beginning and the end --- the Martha Graham stuff is a little deep -- we are working on that -- but the middle of the opener is where we tend to pontificate.

We decided a week ago to let it sit for a week -- to make sure we had a plan.

Now, we will be heading in to make the adjustments

Thank god. Now maybe instead of asking the Cadets to shut up some of the blow-hards on this board will shut up! b**bs

Edited by Wadep66

Ok firstly Im not trying to cause a stir here. Cadets are marching and playing very well! and have a great drum and hornline, they are looking pretty unstoppable at the moment. People will shout DCI year 2000 with the cadets strong leading up to finals, etc still with the exception of devils who seem to be getting into there stride a bit, they look very close too that title.

The question is if the cadets do win will it be the most controversial dci win ever.

Has happened before Star in 1991 comes to mind. With all the narration hate out there, and general polls of who going 2 win with alot of the fans putting phantom/vanguard/devils top, with fans not likely alot of distraction from the music, with the narration etc!

comments!

Oh boy here we go again....

I love how almost everyone who starts these types of threads about the Cadets starts off with how they are not trying to cause a stir or something to that effect.

We all know that most of the people on this website despise The Cadets' show this year because of the narration. If they do win, GREAT!!! If not, oh well, better luck next year...but honestly this thread is TOTALLY unnecessary because it is just going to lead to another #####ing match about how much they despise the narration.

There.....my .02 cents...

Take it or leave it.

man.. if cadets did a non-narration show.. with some awesome music.. id be all over it.. but this.. yuck. cut the narration.. give us drum corps

I saw them last Friday night and you can't deny that they are an excellent drum corps. Narration or not ( and I prefer not) they are very very good. It is not the typical Cadets show. It is visually written a little different and it is interesting and good.

I have not been a big fan of the last few productions (The Door & Alice) but this is a bit different.

Hey a Corvette is still a Corvette even if you don't like the color. I think this Cadets show might have the legs.

Dale

I saw the Cadets in Allentown. Most of my friends got up to take a break because the narriation bores them. Personally I liked the music part of the show but I think or I BELIEVE the talking takes away from the music and the moving of the drill. There were not many people standing on there feet as in the past. Drum line , horn line, and guard are playing great and sound awesome but to me it is like someone talking during a good low scene in a movie and you just want to tell them to shut the #### up.

Will they win too early to tell because the top 4 corps of DCI know how to clean up a show and get it done for championships. GEORGE YOU DO NOT NEED TO TELL THE STORY WE CAN READ IT ON THE FIELD. SHUT UP WITH THE VOICE AND GET ON WITH THE SHOW.

JESUS! what side of the bed did you get out of! Dude calm down it may never happen

I did say I did'nt want to stir trouble. The question was if they were to win would it be the most unpopular show ever to win YES/NO

Also I never assumed that my opinion was the same for everybody. It was a straight forward question really and most the people who answered understood.

There's nothing straightforward about that question. You just don't get it.

And if I might add the performance at the end of the show the music the Cadets played was so beautiful and it reminded me of the days of no amps and voice crap. Well done Cadets.

Edited by beagus

I saw the Cadets in Allentown. Most of my friends got up to take a break because the narriation bores them. Personally I liked the music part of the show but I think or I BELIEVE the talking takes away from the music and the moving of the drill. There were not many people standing on there feet as in the past. Drum line , horn line, and guard are playing great and sound awesome but to me it is like someone talking during a good low scene in a movie and you just want to tell them to shut the #### up.

Will they win too early to tell because the top 4 corps of DCI know how to clean up a show and get it done for championships. GEORGE YOU DO NOT NEED TO TELL THE STORY WE CAN READ IT ON THE FIELD. SHUT UP WITH THE VOICE AND GET ON WITH THE SHOW.

George, I am sorry you are being talked to like that. Let me translate it for you. The narration may be too much, but the show is GREAT and good luck to The Cadets for the remainder of the season.

I think that sounds a little better.

I look at it this way. If I'm a brass or perc player working my butt off to make the line, and then have to put in 12 hour days every day in the summer, and pay for that privilege, just to hear some narrator sitting on his butt and talking over me when I'm out there, I probably wouldn't do it and go to another corps.

This comment is a great example of how some of the folks that are complaining the most haven't even bothered to watch it or listen to it. The writer actually admitted to going to get a hot dog when the Cadets went on.

It's funny how some people won't "waste their time" watching the show, but they have no problems wasting $4 for a hot dog. And they also have no problems wasting their time talking about it here.

You know what's REALLY annoying?? It's when people make comments about the narration and make a big deal out of it in the middle of the show! Now THAT is distracting! Most people don't do that, but it only takes one inconsiderate person to ruin it for everyone else.

It's a shame, really. Those who choose not to watch the show because of the narration are cheating themselves out of seeing and hearing a great corp! And remember, there will be adjustments - it's only the middle of July!

Edited by Tommeee