Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

It could speak for a good sampling of the DCI fan base. I believe that both sides of the Cadets (and anti-Cadets) and narration fence are represented well.

Absolutely not. Most people I talk to at shows have never even heard of DCP. Also, as someone has also pointed out, many people at shows are kids and parents involved in shows that frequently use narration, so they will more than likely not have a problem with it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question... are the kids marching in the Cadets complaining about the narration themselves? Aren't they going through with it the best way they can? Let's think about it: WE are not the ones marching the show. Why complain about it when that brings the morale of the corps down? Why can't we just support them the best way we fricken can?

Bottom line: for those of you who don't mind the narration, godd for you. Give them your full support. For those that don't, it may just be better to keep your mouths shut.

Honestly, i'm a little sick of hearing people complain about how the cadets are the "anti-christ" of drum corps.

Edited by Euphomism

this years program is getting a much better crowd response than they did in 2005

personally I find it quite entertaining

I agree, on both counts.

I do have some issues with some of the narration......not all of it, but some of it. But overall, great corps. If they win, it will be well-deserved, IMO.

Fran

:unsure: one question asked. Are the cadets heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

Alrighty, I'll be nice and spell it out for ya:

Question 1: Will Cadets win?

Question 2: Is their show unpopular?

The original author had the audacity to assume that his opinion was the same for all on these boards by asking if the Cadets were heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever, yet doesn't give you the option to say you don't think it's unpopular!

Get it?

This show is definitely not as hated as 2005...not by a long shot. I voted no, because its not the most unpopular championship IF they win, but I do think they have a very legit shot at the title.

This show is definitely not as hated as 2005...not by a long shot. I voted no, because its not the most unpopular championship IF they win, but I do think they have a very legit shot at the title.

You voted no, but not because you didn't think they could win. Exactly why this poll sucks. I personally think they can win, but I've been to shows and the crowd reaction is absolutely positive, so how do I say yes without confirming that the show is unpopular?

This I believe ... They will not make the top 4.

This I believe ... They will not make the top 4.

I second that but I'll bet they will be fifth.

The Blue Devils showed again last night that the Cadets can be bested.

No they didn't. They will have to prove that tonight.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters