Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

Narration aside I don't care for it but there is some real good music and movement going on This show is really good and you should see it if you get a chance. In East Rutherford some guy was yelling through the show shut up and let them play I wish he would went for a 4$ hot dog.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment is a great example of how some of the folks that are complaining the most haven't even bothered to watch it or listen to it. The writer actually admitted to going to get a hot dog when the Cadets went on.

It's funny how some people won't "waste their time" watching the show, but they have no problems wasting $4 for a hot dog. And they also have no problems wasting their time talking about it here.

You know what's REALLY annoying?? It's when people make comments about the narration and make a big deal out of it in the middle of the show! Now THAT is distracting! Most people don't do that, but it only takes one inconsiderate person to ruin it for everyone else.

It's a shame, really. Those who choose not to watch the show because of the narration are cheating themselves out of seeing and hearing a great corp! And remember, there will be adjustments - it' only the middle of July!

All I was saying is that if a brass or perc player wants to spend all that money, blood, sweat and tears to have a narrator talk over their hard earned efforts, then good for them. But I wouldn't do it. I would go to a corps like the Troopers or Scouts. Not top tier this year, but as long as a narrator wasn't talking while I'm out there then I'm getting what I paid and worked for. So what if the director's name isn't Hoppy.

All I was saying is that if a brass or perc player wants to spend all that money, blood, sweat and tears to have a narrator talk over their hard earned efforts, then good for them. But I wouldn't do it. I would go to a corps like the Troopers or Scouts. Not top tier this year, but as long as a narrator wasn't talking while I'm out there then I'm getting what I paid and worked for. So what if the director's name isn't Hoppy.

Yes. Got to Madison and Troopers where you will suffer through mediocre show design and mediocre performance. Makes sense.

Here's an idea...the narration is not an issue to The Cadets performers.

Edited by CadetsFan08

I see a lot of people talking about how much 05 was hated, but at the end of the season it wasn't hated by that many people. There was even a poll here on DCP, one of the most conservative drum corps communities anywhere, and something like 80% of the people who answered the poll said they liked it. At the beginning of the season maybe, but they won a lot of people over through the course of the season.

I think that's going to be the same story this year.

The posters and Cadet detractors never cease to amaze me. In the past 3 years Ive seen some pretty poor uses of amplified voice (YOWZA!) It took a while for the Cadets 2005 program to grow on me and I wasn't too crazy about last year's program. However, being a Cadet alum I'm always going to support the corps regardless if I agree with the program or not. That being said, I absolutely LOVE this year's Cadet program. If you think the amplified voice that is integrated gets in the way then I urge you to take another look....a good look. I truly feel this year's program is much more smartly designed than the past 2 years. If you really listen to what is being said and how well it fits then you can truly appreciate the program as a whole. There is no "narrator" per se. The voices are of various kids in the corps and it's not being done over any serious playing. Alot of the comments here really indicate to me that not all of you have seen this year's show and basing your commentary on years past. If you choose to get a hot dog during a performance by this year's Cadets then you're truly missing a wonderful program.

Edited by George82

Yes. Got to Madison and Troopers where you will suffer through mediocre show design and mediocre performance.........

Yep, if I were still 18 or 19 that's EXCACTLY what I would do, even if I were the greatest in the world at that age, I would go for the potential and not the current product. It's a lot more fun to build a winner than it is to simply join one. Anyone with enough talent can do the latter.

Yep, if I were still 18 or 19 that's EXCACTLY what I would do, even if I were the greatest in the world at that age, I would go for the potential and not the current product. It's a lot more fun to build a winner than it is to simply join one. Anyone with enough talent can do the latter.

The performers in The Cadets are building a winning program this year. Everyone puts in the hard work.

The performers in The Cadets are building a winning program this year. Everyone puts in the hard work.

We all know the kids at the Cadets work hard. All kids in drum corps work hard. What's your point? At least half or more of them are there because they think they can get a ring. They have enough talent and parent money to make it to any Div 1 corps but they choose to march Cadets because they think they can get the prize! And they just might get it this year. My problem with the Cadets has never been with the performers, but the Narration, Rabbits, Pink tables, Boxes, and Singing. I doubt that there are many of us here that dislike the Cadets simply because they are the cadets. It's because of the direction they are trying to take our beloved activity. Get a clue already! :rolleyes:

I won't argue with that at all. But the Troopers and Scouts are on average much younger corps, and their future may bode well for them.