Favorite Drum Corps Meal

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast:

Sausage hockey pucks, a tall glass of tang-aid, and a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch (or coco puffs if we are all out).

yum :)

Ha! Right when I saw hockey puck I knew where that guy marched!

Wow, I forgot how much I missed drum corps food. I had a great one when I saw the title, and now have like ten stories I want to list!

At BK in 05, after we broke 70 they celebrated by giving us a Hawaiin Luau. There was enough for everyone to have fourths, and the pulled pork and every side you can think of and the pineapple dessert thing was awesome! But now I forgot about PC's breakfast pucks.

And in 04 they didn't make enough meat and cheese for the burrito bar one day, and I didn't like any of the other sides they had, so I decided right then and there I had to learn to like something new very fast cuz I was hungry! I love sour cream now more than life!

And in 05, during finals week, the support staffs divided into teams to make the best breakfast. Bus drivers actually had an omelette bar with all the fixings and they made whatever we wanted. Cook staff got us a big thing of iced cappacino and a whole bunch of pastries and dunkin donuts (ya Rhode Island!), and Mark Arnold and his gang got us like 300 egg McMuffins. Great week!

And I still love and will never ever stop loving PBJ! Man, I want some drum corps food now. Anything....teriyaki meatloaf, or nacharoni. Oh, grilled cheese and tomato soup. We got rained out in South Dakota and were stuck on the bus, and the guard brought us all a sandwich and a cup of soup. Freakin rocked!

This whole being aged out thing sucks! I'm going to make a pbj

I remember very clearly, we were in Georgia in 2004. It was my rookie year with the Crossmen, and it was still kind of the beginning of tour. It was mid- to end of June, and it was our first show (the first three got rained out, due to a horrendously large rain storm that moved its way southward along the east coast).

Right after it had rained, yet again, we had our final run-through before the show. The staff afterwards said, "Make sure you thank the local band parents for dinner," and we knew that could only mean one thing: Southern Cooking :D :D :D :D :D

We walked inside, and there were TABLES (and when I say tables, I mean TABLES) full of every food that you could think of: Pulled Pork, Chicken, Beef, Salad, Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, everything.

And then, they had an entire three (3) tables devoted to one thing: PEACH COBBLER.

...excuse me while I freak out internally...

While that didn't happen every time on tour, it was the best day that the Crossmen has ever eaten, in my two years of marching there.

In 2005, we were in San Antonio and one of the pit members parents were there, and they provided tortillas and pico de gallo with chicken and steak and beans for a dinner ... lets just say ... I ate WAY too much and was definetly regretting it after a nice 5 hour block on the concrete lot. Ouuuch. But it was AMAZING

That was by far the best meal of the year... Texas was good to us

I have to go with the good old taco in a bag.

Chicken slop (hot chicken sandwiches) was pretty good as well. Call me weird, but I liked them! :)

Somewhere in NY (Hornell?) the band parents barbequed up for the corps 1/4 chickens. That was always hell trying to remain focused when you knew what was coming for dinner. for all you early/mid 90's 'coats, wasn't that the place where we always saw Little Boy's mom? (wow) :laugh:

Cookie salad!!!! :)

Though I must admit, I was a pretty big fan of the time we had the taco bar.