Your Prayers Are Needed.....Please

I am so very happy to hear that Barbara is recovering so well.

The power of positive thinking, works Fran.That and faith.

Don't let fear control your life. I talk from experience.

Fear and sadness are useless, wasted emotions.

LOL On a lighter note...

Your drum corps family, are praying for you both and sending all kinds of good wishes your way.

You are both loved and appreciated.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran,

Great to hear that Barbara is making progress. Wayne has been keeping me up to date and your updates here are very encouraging. Never underestimate the power of prayer, especially prayer in the huge quantities such as Barbara is receiving from the drum corps community.

Both of you are loved and respected by your drum corps friends. We all look forward to the day when you will both once again grace the sidelines at a show. I'm sure it will happen.

Continued blessings and prayerful good wishes.

John

Fran,

Thank you for the updates - letting us know that Barbara is improving. The news you've shared has been encouraging and I hope everyone's wishes have lifted her spirits.

You and Barb continue to be in our collective prayers.

We'll look forward to the next update.

Best wishes,

-john

Hey Fran--I'm still pulling for her and praying for YOU as well to have strength and courage. I've been down this road like I said before. Vast experience with hospitals and family members and stroke and all that. So I'm with you, my fellow "Voice"...

A bit of an update on Barbara, since I have some downtime (whatever that is!) tonight:

She is still showing improvement, slowly. Some friends and family members who hadn't seen her in several days have said she was definitely improved since they last saw her. Since I'm visiting her basically twice a day, I'm only seeing the very small improvements, so it's nice to hear the perspective of others who are seeing the larger steps.

She might be transferred soon to another local rehab facility, to get some more "one on one" therapy. One of the problems she's having right now is that her concentration and focus levels are low... she gets distracted easily, so it takes away her focus from her therapy work, especially when they are a bunch of other people in the room or nearby.... and there are a lot of folks in the rehab environment where she's at now. So the therapists want her moved to another facility that would provide a less frenetic environment. We're fortunate in the Baltimore area to have a lot of great hospital and rehab facilities.

Normally, I'm the ADD type and Barbara is the focused one.....heh heh.... right now, it's the opposite. (Well, at least I'm about as focused as I'm ever going to get!) But the therapists and doctors tell me it's a matter of time for her concentration to improve.

Again..... and I sound like a broken record here..... thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. My apologies for not getting a chance to reply to many of your e-mails and PM's.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Fran,

Thanks for this most recent positive update on Barb's situation.

It certainly seems that the many prayers and good wishes that have been sent her way are bearing fruit, and while her condition isn't improving as quickly as you or I might like, it most certainly is improving. As my "lodge members" like to say, "In His time, not mine."

So.... As long as she needs them, the prayers and good wishes will continue to be there.

And just so you don't feel left out, there are plenty headed your way as well.

Andy and Cindy

Fran,

I've been following the updates on your wife Barb's progress. She has been in my prayers since your first post. God is helping her with her progress and helping you to get through this. What would we do without our wonderful drum corps community. They are there for us in the good times and the difficult times.

A Fellow Sacred Heart Crusader!

Rosemarie Vivalo Hamilton