Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

If taking a short-tour approach to being a Div 1 corps is the way to go, let's have them all do it and see what happens when fans east of the Mississippi can't see the Devs and SCV, Blue Knights, etc. and fans west of the Mississippi can't see the Cadets, Crown, Phantom, etc. Let's see how many fans applaud this 'fiscally responsible' approach to drum corps, then!

If they want to build reserves, let them do so, as a Div 2 corps. When they get their 'nest egg' together, then they can reapply for Div 1 status. Most corps struggle for money from year to year, many of the ones I've mentioned above along with most of the corps that finish below eighth or ninth. With notable exceptions, they seem to be able to keep their corps on the road. No one said it's easy! Just a part of playing in the 'big show'.

The first month of Touring ran that way for almost 30 years. Whether the folks East of the Mississippi got to see the West corps .. depended on where finals was. West of the Kansas would be lucky to see Any corps from the Midwest, South or East on any given year ... and usually didn't except for Denver. It didn't bother me a bit. Nats were usually in the Midwest or out East. Sucked for the West Coasters though.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The west has brought itself to a place as a region where if could possible support a circuit that runs through the end of July. I would hope that the power that be are looking into this possibility and that it can become a model for growth in the activity nation wide.

Academy's on the field at SA right now....so all these arguments will be moot in a few minutes.
That, or the real whining is just about to begin.

Heh.

This thread is going to see a lot more action after the scores this afternoon. :P

When you're right, you're right. :P

Edited by VKMello84

heh... I'm surprised nothing has hit the fan yet!

heh... I'm surprised nothing has hit the fan yet!
There are 411 people in the webcast thread.

If taking a short-tour approach to being a Div 1 corps is the way to go, let's have them all do it and see what happens when fans east of the Mississippi can't see the Devs and SCV, Blue Knights, etc. and fans west of the Mississippi can't see the Cadets, Crown, Phantom, etc. Let's see how many fans applaud this 'fiscally responsible' approach to drum corps, then!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the only corps that have been in Arizona are SCV, BD, Cadets, BK, Academy, Mandrians, Esperanza, and PC. Sure some go out to Denver when it's an early regional, but hardly anybody comes out to the far west. And this is the first year that every corps will have come out this far west, if Academy was div I in 2005 then the east coast would have seen them. Rather than yelling at them for not going east, how about you send a check to them for the 08 season so they can afford to go out that far.

DCI is treating Academy fairly, they are exercising their rights by the limited division 1 statas, manderins, pacific creast, capitol regiment do the same thing. Is the problem Academy is good. I welcome them to finalist statas, nice to see new faces. I would rather see corps with limited touring and be around for a long time. GO ACADEMY