Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

lol.

as opposed to "all the corps had great shows, huzzah! oh, phantom was dirty and everyone above them had a great run. phantom was phasing all over the place. no one else had any problems." your bashing is more subtle, to be sure, but specifically praising every corps BUT phantom is not better.

i don't see any discussion on phasing from crown. i heard a comment that a few of the cavies ran into each other on saturday? but it was only one comment. then it was gone. i see, like every year, either apathy for phantom, or people ripping on them and then crying when someone starts calling out THEIR favorite corps.

news flash: bd scored, what, a 91.30? i forget. point is, it wasn't perfect. crown was .6 ahead of phantom, not a damning margin by any means. and yet all i'm seeing is, "wonderful guard and brass from crown! bd had perfect execution! phantom regiment tripped on their shoelaces! oh, cavaliers have some sweet drill! I CALL BLUECOATS TO WIN IN 09!!!"

:/

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.

as opposed to "all the corps had great shows, huzzah! oh, phantom was dirty and everyone above them had a great run. phantom was phasing all over the place. no one else had any problems." your bashing is more subtle, to be sure, but specifically praising every corps BUT phantom is not better.

i don't see any discussion on phasing from crown. i heard a comment that a few of the cavies ran into each other on saturday? but it was only one comment. then it was gone. i see, like every year, either apathy for phantom, or people ripping on them and then crying when someone starts calling out THEIR favorite corps.

news flash: bd scored, what, a 91.30? i forget. point is, it wasn't perfect. crown was .6 ahead of phantom, not a damning margin by any means. and yet all i'm seeing is, "wonderful guard and brass from crown! bd had perfect execution! phantom regiment tripped on their shoelaces! oh, cavaliers have some sweet drill! I CALL BLUECOATS TO WIN IN 09!!!"

:/

If you haven't seen criticism of corps other than Phantom you need to read more threads.

so the general consensus is "we don't care, they're all good shows! hip hip hooray!" in that case, there's really nothing to discuss. if everyone but me is completely apathetic, there's no point in any of us saying anything.

on my corps bashing: well, when you a reward to one corps, you generally take that reward from another. if i can think of a reason why phantom should be in place x, i have to think of a reason why the corps in place x should go lower (or higher, as the case may be), or else the argument is only half there. for the record, i'm not a cavies hater (or hater of any corps), i just think cavies don't deserve 5 out of the last 7 titles.

You may not realize this but no corps is unbeatable. To think that certain corps are untouchable by your opinion of a lesser corps is asinine.

In football it's referred to as "Any Given Sunday"...well in our world it's "Any Given Showday"

If you haven't seen criticism of corps other than Phantom you need to read more threads.

oh i've seen it, it's just not at the same level as everything i've seen thrown at phantom.

You may not realize this but no corps is unbeatable. To think that certain corps are untouchable by your opinion of a lesser corps is asinine.

that's exactly what i'm trying to fight against. i saw a thread a little while back talking about getting a winner besides the "devalierdets." i read a post earlier today where someone said something to the effect of "it's starting to seem like just being the cavaliers is worth a point and a half." and what is your response going to be? probably something close to "well, they're just consistently the best." that's what's always said; "those three are just the best! no ifs, ands, or buts about it. no one can touch them because they are just... the best."

Why is this discussion so heated? Bluecoats and Carolina Crown out-performed their programs Saturday and beat Phantom Regiment in the eyes of the judges and in the eyes of a lot of people that were on DCP Saturday night while they were watching the webcast. The origin of this post was to give an opinion, which is cool, but the fact is PR was beaten by two corps with very high quality shows that were performed extremely well. I'm sure there were areas that both of those corps could have done better in - just like PR. If you disagree say I disagree and move on. Why is there a need for anything to digress like this in this poll?

We all know Phantom doesn't aspire to 6th place, but guess what? Bluecoats and Carolina Crown are in it to win it also. Phantom didn't have their best show...granted, but there are some very good corps out there this year and on a given night Phantom could perform very well and still place where they did...possibly one step lower. To me that means that the quality of all the corps is high and the fans reap the benefit.

Why is this discussion so heated? Bluecoats and Carolina Crown out-performed their programs Saturday and beat Phantom Regiment in the eyes of the judges and in the eyes of a lot of people that were on DCP Saturday night while they were watching the webcast. The origin of this post was to give an opinion, which is cool, but the fact is PR was beaten by two corps with very high quality shows that were performed extremely well. I'm sure there were areas that both of those corps could have done better in - just like PR. If you disagree say I disagree and move on. Why is there a need for anything to digress like this in this poll?

We all know Phantom doesn't aspire to 6th place, but guess what? Bluecoats and Carolina Crown are in it to win it also. Phantom didn't have their best show...granted, but there are some very good corps out there this year and on a given night Phantom could perform very well and still place where they did...possibly one step lower. To me that means that the quality of all the corps is high and the fans reap the benefit.

Thank you! :)

Your post should end this thread debate nicely.

Well thought out.

Sorry, but Phantom is by far one of the most highly praised corps on these forums.

seconded

the only corps that can do less wrong than them is the Troopers. My god, i'd love to see someone try and insult them here. A saber would fly through that persons screen and impale them. :P