The 2007 DCI QuarterFinals in Theaters.

A friend of mine called and he said the San Antonio theater was evacuated for a little bit (about 30-45 minutes) because of some sort of fire. They're letting people back in though.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the scoop from San Antonio:

The broadcast did not start on time. We missed all of Pacific Crest and the first minute of the Madison Scouts. Everything was working great through the Crossmen and part of the Blue Stars.

After the Blue Stars finished their opener, the fire alarms went off. The audio was cut off but the video kept going, which meant that no one in the theater was going to budge. Finally, the theater staff forced us to evacuate the theater. Everyone was standing outside clueless. I really hope everything was okay because there was a fire truck outside.

My friend and I decided to grab a quick drink at the next-door Bennigan's. When we came back, we found out that the theater would not be showing any movies until 9:30. My friend and I got our money back and went back to Bennigan's to get drunk.

Bad experience but I'm a little buzzed so we're good =)

Here's the scoop from San Antonio:

The broadcast did not start on time. We missed all of Pacific Crest and the first minute of the Madison Scouts. Everything was working great through the Crossmen and part of the Blue Stars.

After the Blue Stars finished their opener, the fire alarms went off. The audio was cut off but the video kept going, which meant that no one in the theater was going to budge. Finally, the theater staff forced us to evacuate the theater. Everyone was standing outside clueless. I really hope everything was okay because there was a fire truck outside.

My friend and I decided to grab a quick drink at the next-door Bennigan's. When we came back, we found out that the theater would not be showing any movies until 9:30. My friend and I got our money back and went back to Bennigan's to get drunk.

Bad experience but I'm a little buzzed so we're good =)

It seemed like something similiar happene one year in Mass.

Well, the Cadets were assessed a 2 point penalty. Let the controversial discussion begin.........

There were plenty of empty seats on Long Island, and the broadcast was very smooth, except for a soft but annoying buzzing that started while Crossmen was on, but only for the live stuff, the vignettes were clear as a bell.

Eagan MN. was sold out I liked everything but Hoppy and the pit was way too loud.

Peace