Finals prediction

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite...

1. Cadets - Their combination of talent and the judges buying into the show will take them over the top - They've got the competitive edge right now

2. Blue Devils - The second half of the show just can't compare to their first half, still. Their design hurts them yet again. However, Finals close to home could really help. Don't count them out.

3. Cavaliers - Their visual scores will keep them from being any lower, especially if Marie Czapinski is judging.

4. Phantom - This corps is experienced and talented enough to cool the heat from the corps' below them. If Marie Czapinski judges this week, they could drop as low as 6th though. They're surging (note them closing the gap on Cavies in Tempe) and I don't expect it to stop this week. I'm sure they've added even more effect to the show, and you know they'll make their signature emotional push.

5. Bluecoats - They will make another Finals Week surge, but it sounds like their visual execution still isn't competitive enough for them to place any higher. This was a GREAT year for them. Their fans will look at their placement on paper and be disappointed, but they've really set themselves up for success in the coming years.

6. Crown - Their percussion, while MUCH improved, will not be able to compete with the five corps' above, and that will hurt them. They could be as high as fourth, but I think their inexperience at this level of competition (IE the "Top 7") will hurt just a bit this week. But, being the Fan Favorite could really work to their advantage.

7. SCV - They don't have any single caption that is challenging for a top spot. The six corps' ahead of them do, and that will be the difference. I wouldn't count them out of a higher place, being that Finals is close to home, but I think the likelihood of them moving any higher is low.

8. BK - They've got some serious momentum and confidence going right now. They haven't broken 90 before Finals Week since 2000, when they placed 6th. I'd be surprised to see them lose to Boston.

9. BAC - Close, but no cigar for the Florida/Boston crew. The show's alright, but the corps is still young in comparison to the corps' ahead of them. Look for them to retain members and place higher in the next few years.

10. Colts - They shouldn't be worried about making Finals. I think they're a lock, and it's REALLY EXCITING for them. Congrats, Ladies and Gentlemen!

11. Glassmen - The members that have experienced the heat of the Finals week battle in previous years will ensure that they get in again. A lot of people have said that they don't like this show - I don't see what's wrong with it. They're in.

12. WOW - tough decision between Academy, Spirit, and Blue Stars. I'm going with Blue Stars. I think they're playing with the most heart, they have the most difficulty, and they're going to peak at just the right time.

13. Spirit - If they don't make it, I think it will be because of GE - this show was a hard sell, and they just started a little too slow to make up for it. However, Spirit's made it into Finals 3 of the last 4 years when they're on the verge of not making it. They've got the experience, and that could really help.

14. Academy - I could just as easily see them making Finals, but I think their lack of time on the road this year has hurt them in the recent weeks. They seem to have stagnated a bit - I hope they prove me wrong!

15. Crossmen - Their show, top to bottom, is stronger/cleaner than the Scouts and that will help them surge ahead.

16. Madison - This show could've made Finals a few years ago. Their focus and resilience throughout this season is to be much applauded.

17. Pacific Crest - They get a nice advantage being on the theater broadcast, and they're the closest to home of the remaining corps'.

18. Troopers - I have a feeling they're going to get an emotional push from the audience - they've been surging lately and I think they have the tools to knock on the Semis door. I REALLY hope they make it, but I have a hard time seeing it happening right now.

19. Cascades - This show was a serious step in the right direction for them. I would love to see them in Semis as well but I think they might have a few too many weaknesses in such a competitive year.

20. Southwind - This show just isn't a GE-packed show like they've had the past two years, and in a year as strong as this, it's hurting them competitively.

21. Mandarins - They're close to home and they'll get a nice emotional push as well.

22. Pioneer - This is the most impressed I've ever been to see Pioneer. They've improved SO much and it makes me sad to see them still in the same place. I hope these kids don't buy too much stock in the numbers tomorrow - they're significantly better than they've been in a LONG time.

I'm sure I'll be wrong somewhere - this week, I'm sure, will come with LOTS of surprises! I wish I could be there!

I'll bite...

1. Cadets - Their combination of talent and the judges buying into the show will take them over the top - They've got the competitive edge right now

2. Blue Devils - The second half of the show just can't compare to their first half, still. Their design hurts them yet again. However, Finals close to home could really help. Don't count them out.

3. Cavaliers - Their visual scores will keep them from being any lower, especially if Marie Czapinski is judging.

4. Phantom - This corps is experienced and talented enough to cool the heat from the corps' below them. If Marie Czapinski judges this week, they could drop as low as 6th though. They're surging (note them closing the gap on Cavies in Tempe) and I don't expect it to stop this week. I'm sure they've added even more effect to the show, and you know they'll make their signature emotional push.

5. Bluecoats - They will make another Finals Week surge, but it sounds like their visual execution still isn't competitive enough for them to place any higher. This was a GREAT year for them. Their fans will look at their placement on paper and be disappointed, but they've really set themselves up for success in the coming years.

6. Crown - Their percussion, while MUCH improved, will not be able to compete with the five corps' above, and that will hurt them. They could be as high as fourth, but I think their inexperience at this level of competition (IE the "Top 7") will hurt just a bit this week. But, being the Fan Favorite could really work to their advantage.

7. SCV - They don't have any single caption that is challenging for a top spot. The six corps' ahead of them do, and that will be the difference. I wouldn't count them out of a higher place, being that Finals is close to home, but I think the likelihood of them moving any higher is low.

8. BK - They've got some serious momentum and confidence going right now. They haven't broken 90 before Finals Week since 2000, when they placed 6th. I'd be surprised to see them lose to Boston.

9. BAC - Close, but no cigar for the Florida/Boston crew. The show's alright, but the corps is still young in comparison to the corps' ahead of them. Look for them to retain members and place higher in the next few years.

10. Colts - They shouldn't be worried about making Finals. I think they're a lock, and it's REALLY EXCITING for them. Congrats, Ladies and Gentlemen!

11. Glassmen - The members that have experienced the heat of the Finals week battle in previous years will ensure that they get in again. A lot of people have said that they don't like this show - I don't see what's wrong with it. They're in.

12. WOW - tough decision between Academy, Spirit, and Blue Stars. I'm going with Blue Stars. I think they're playing with the most heart, they have the most difficulty, and they're going to peak at just the right time.

13. Spirit - If they don't make it, I think it will be because of GE - this show was a hard sell, and they just started a little too slow to make up for it. However, Spirit's made it into Finals 3 of the last 4 years when they're on the verge of not making it. They've got the experience, and that could really help.

14. Academy - I could just as easily see them making Finals, but I think their lack of time on the road this year has hurt them in the recent weeks. They seem to have stagnated a bit - I hope they prove me wrong!

15. Crossmen - Their show, top to bottom, is stronger/cleaner than the Scouts and that will help them surge ahead.

16. Madison - This show could've made Finals a few years ago. Their focus and resilience throughout this season is to be much applauded.

17. Pacific Crest - They get a nice advantage being on the theater broadcast, and they're the closest to home of the remaining corps'.

18. Troopers - I have a feeling they're going to get an emotional push from the audience - they've been surging lately and I think they have the tools to knock on the Semis door. I REALLY hope they make it, but I have a hard time seeing it happening right now.

19. Cascades - This show was a serious step in the right direction for them. I would love to see them in Semis as well but I think they might have a few too many weaknesses in such a competitive year.

20. Southwind - This show just isn't a GE-packed show like they've had the past two years, and in a year as strong as this, it's hurting them competitively.

21. Mandarins - They're close to home and they'll get a nice emotional push as well.

22. Pioneer - This is the most impressed I've ever been to see Pioneer. They've improved SO much and it makes me sad to see them still in the same place. I hope these kids don't buy too much stock in the numbers tomorrow - they're significantly better than they've been in a LONG time.

I'm sure I'll be wrong somewhere - this week, I'm sure, will come with LOTS of surprises! I wish I could be there!

i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that thinks/has heard that Czapinksi scores phantom low in visual. brett mascaro isn't too far behind in that trend

and the overall results of everyone's predictions are....

1 Cadets 24.4

2 BD 24.1

3 Cavaliers 22.8

4 Bluecoats 21.5

5 Phantom 21.1

6 Crown 20.5

7 SCV 19.4

8 BK 17.9

9 Boston 17.0

10 Colts 15.9

11 Glassmen 15.2

12 Blue Stars 14.0

13 Spirit 13.5

14 Academy 12.6

15 Crossmen 11.4

16 Madison 11.2

17 Crest 8.9

18 Troopers 8.7

19 Cascades 7.4

20 Southwind 5.8

21 Mandarins 5.0

22 Pioneer 4.0

Edited by bluecoats88

Here is what I THINK (not what I want) will happen on Saturday...

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Bluecoats

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Carolina Crown

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Academy

13. Blue Stars

14. Spirit

15. Crossmen

16. Madison Scouts

17. Pacific Crest

18. Seattle Cascades

19. Troopers

20. Southwind

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

and the overall results of everyone's predictions are....

1 Cadets 24.4

2 BD 24.1

3 Cavaliers 22.8

4 Bluecoats 21.5

5 Phantom 21.1

6 Crown 20.5

7 SCV 19.4

8 BK 17.9

9 Boston 17.0

10 Colts 15.9

11 Glassmen 15.2

12 Blue Stars 14.0

13 Spirit 13.5

14 Academy 12.6

15 Crossmen 11.4

16 Madison 11.2

17 Crest 8.9

18 Troopers 8.7

19 Cascades 7.4

20 Southwind 5.8

21 Mandarins 5.0

22 Pioneer 4.0

Phil - thanks for working out the compilation of all our predictions

This looks very possible indeed!!

This year though - a note of caution - there are so many good corps in the various "clusters" I would be shocked if we don't see a large number of "unexpected" outcomes that may turn a few heads

Looking forward to heading over to the Rose Bowl in a few hours!!! :doh:

Here is what I THINK (not what I want) will happen on Saturday...

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Bluecoats

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Carolina Crown

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Academy

13. Blue Stars

14. Spirit

15. Crossmen

16. Madison Scouts

17. Pacific Crest

18. Seattle Cascades

19. Troopers

20. Southwind

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

Indeed....this is a very likely prediction, and is not exactly, but pretty close to what i want to happen. That said, isnt it incredible, after the amazingly close race of this season, that things will probably work out like this anyway. I know, I know, 3 days left, but odds are, things will look something like this :doh:

My Top 12 picks - I'll see you all Sat night!

1) The Cavaliers

2) The Cadets

3) Blue Devils

4) Bluecoats

5) Phantom Regiment

6) Carolina Crown

7) Santa Clara Vanguard

8) Blue Knights

9) Boston Crusaders

10) Colts

11) Glassmen

12) The Academy

Top three corps will be seperated by .25

Three corps working for the 12th spot will be seperated by .50

13) Spirit

14) Blue Stars

Think will happen: - Fantasy Finals:

Blue Devils(homefield advantage) :- Phantom

Cadets :- Crown

Cavaliers :- Cadets

SCV(again-homefield boost) :- BlueCoats

BlueCoats :- Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment :- Blue Devils

Crown :- SCV

Blue Knights :- BK

Boston :- Glassmen

Glassmen :- Boston

Colts :- Colts

Blue Stars :- Madison Scouts

Edited by old drmmjr

1. The Cavaliers

2. The Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Bluecoats

5. Carolina Crown

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Phantom regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Blue Stars

I definitely agree with your choice for #1.