Booing and the Cadets

During the broadcast, Rondinaro made a very telling comment when he said, "If only there was a way to boo the staff and not the members"

Of course, there is. It's called email.

Nothing for nothing....an email is probably a waste of time. Staffer reads said email....disagrees and hits delete. If you wish to express your opinion to a corps staff the best way is face to face. At least they can see your emotion and get a true sense of your feelings on the topic.

Hopkins or the kids... BIG F'ING DEAL!!!! ITS THE SAME THING.

Are you actually going to tell me that any of those kids knows the difference???? All they know is that they were getting booed, and yes, they were a bit shaken up.

No one in this activity should get booed, PERIOD! If you don't like it, go for a walk. But these kids and these staff's work all summer long to perform for you. If you can't show them the smallest bit of respect, then get the hell out.

And I am beyond frustrated... I am mad as hell!

You should never talk or discuss a matter when you are mad. You should always take a break, collect your thoughts and then speak/post.

Would it have been so hard for the announcer to say, "There is a safety issue with the field and the Cadets will be exiting the field so the issue can be addressed" Is that so hard? COMMUNICATION.....lack of brings mixed reactions.....

I blame the folks running the show.....no one else.......

Edited by Triple Forte

Nothing for nothing....an email is probably a waste of time. Staffer reads said email....disagrees and hits delete. If you wish to express your opinion to a corps staff the best way is face to face. At least they can see your emotion and get a true sense of your feelings on the topic.

Sorry, un-true. As I said in one of th other few Cadets related threads... a few summers ago when Cadets did that 911/IwoJima-like flag raising, I sent a rather lengthy disapproving email to George Hopkins. In it I listed the reasons I didn't like the show and thought they were pandering to America's still-raw emotions. What wasn't in the letter was an angry, snotty tone, or a-hole-y one liners or any references to "Hoppy" "ruining drum corps". I got a lengthy e-mail back from George Hopkins. In it he answered alot of my questions directly and specifically, so it wasn't a "boilerplate" copy/paste email. And then he posed a few back to me. I answered them. He then answered me. I think that was about the extent of our e-mailing. I found him to be a pretty decent fellow with his heart squarely at the root of his "kids" and HIS idea of drums (which probably isn't the same as yours, yours or even yours).

He doesn't know me from any other schmoe in drum corps. Yet I took the time to NOT be an ### hole and he actually wrote me a few articulate, well thought out emails and even quasi-sold me on the show's concpet.

You should never talk or discuss a matter when you are mad. You should always take a break, collect your thoughts and then speak/post.

Would it have been so hard for the announcer to say, "There is a safety issue with the field and the Cadets will be exiting the field so the issue can be addressed" Is that so hard? COMMUNICATION.....lack of brings mixed reactions.....

That would have been the best idea. :lookaround::doh:

I know this thread is about booing the Cadets but I didn't want to start another thread since it involves the same thing. This is in regards to the Cavies finals perfomance..

I'd like to thank the idiots in section 19, row 64 around seats 120 or so who stood up while Cavies entered the field and boo'd and screamed as loud as they could, and I quote... "get off the field!", "you don't do anything".

What made it sadder is that these people were wearing member jackets from a very popular and first class organization (I will not name the group here. They know who they belong to). They did not put their organization in a very good light and I will be contacting their director. And before the cries of "this is just speculation" start... I was in section 19, row 64, seat 113.

And to the idiots just behind me that started to laugh, and say they were sitting in the right section and started using all the Cavaqueer monikers. As I stated that night, shut the hell up!!

OK, I'm done. Thanks for the vent.

No one else? Yes, a good idea on the announcing, but poor communication or not, people are still responsible for their behavior.

No one else? Yes, a good idea on the announcing, but poor communication or not, people are still responsible for their behavior.

This is true. Just as it is the show coordinators responsibility to inform the audience on what is happening during an evenings show. What if the Boston Pops left the stage in the middle of a performance and did not say a word......do you think this would confuse/upset the audience? DCI has a BIG problem with communication. It is a constant problem with them........ <**> <**>

Sorry, un-true. As I said in one of th other few Cadets related threads... a few summers ago when Cadets did that 911/IwoJima-like flag raising, I sent a rather lengthy disapproving email to George Hopkins. In it I listed the reasons I didn't like the show and thought they were pandering to America's still-raw emotions. What wasn't in the letter was an angry, snotty tone, or a-hole-y one liners or any references to "Hoppy" "ruining drum corps". I got a lengthy e-mail back from George Hopkins. In it he answered alot of my questions directly and specifically, so it wasn't a "boilerplate" copy/paste email. And then he posed a few back to me. I answered them. He then answered me. I think that was about the extent of our e-mailing. I found him to be a pretty decent fellow with his heart squarely at the root of his "kids" and HIS idea of drums (which probably isn't the same as yours, yours or even yours).

He doesn't know me from any other schmoe in drum corps. Yet I took the time to NOT be an ### hole and he actually wrote me a few articulate, well thought out emails and even quasi-sold me on the show's concpet.

I will admit that George Hopkins is GREAT and responding to emails. I sent a few to him myself. I had sent out quite a few emails to corps staff members and directors numerous times......I am still waiting for more than half of them to respond........