Bittersweet Finals Moment

The story gets better...I just watched the Blue Devils encore performance, and there isn't a hole in the brass line. :bluedevil:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story gets better...I just watched the Blue Devils encore performance, and there isn't a hole in the brass line. :bluedevil:

The thrill of winning, adrenaline, and the desire to NOT miss performing the show one last time probably ade her not even feel the pain at that point.

for some reason, I was limping pretty badly as we approached the stadium for finals in 84....the moment I saw the crowd tho, the ain went away.

uhhh can someone please answer the legitimate question that corps-mudgeon and i asked earlier? its not that big of a deal or anything, but it seems like a pretty reasonable thing to wonder after reading the generally incomplete story.

uhhh can someone please answer the legitimate question that corps-mudgeon and i asked earlier? its not that big of a deal or anything, but it seems like a pretty reasonable thing to wonder after reading the generally incomplete story.

The description of the story was this, people helping people. This was/is the story,the whole story!! A member of the Mandarins was there for another drum corps member when she needed him.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Waldo for relating this story, and telling us about the good things those involved in this activity do...

The description of the story was this, people helping people. This was/is the story,the whole story!! A member of the Mandarins was there for another drum corps member when she needed him.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Waldo for relating this story, and telling us about the good things those involved in this activity do...

wow. why even bother responding to my post?

Wow, kinda surprised at some of the insensitivity I'm reading in here.

oy.

edit.

Edited by Discombobulato

on a side note of bitter-sweet

while i watched madison scouts do their final run through, someone pointed out one of the young man who would be on his way to USMC boot camp the following week.

i felt for this kid during his last hours of drum corps, seemed to me i witnessed the end of innocents thinking how different his life would be in 2 weeks and forever.

I don't know if that story fits this thread, I just wanted to remember him out loud.

Edited by Cop