Time for Rifles to Go?

Should rifles stay or go?  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like rifles to stay in the activity?

• yes
    • no

I sent one to you!!!!!!

If we could only get our bank, mortgage, credit card and college loans to work this efficiently, huh ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Check out this rifle performance from the old TV show, "The Gong Show"... it's been posted elsewhere on DCP - I'm providing the link just in case you haven't seen it. This is from the 1976 TV show, "The Gong Show". I'll provide the link to the original DCP thread too.

The Gong Show:

DCP link:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/122941-anaheim-kingsmen-rifle-on-the-gong-show/

Rifles are still visually effective. Instead of trying to convince people to get rid of their rifles for <fill in the blank> reason, come up with a viable alternative. Market that alternative. Rejoice in your new found contribution to Marching Music everywhere! Otherwise, this thread seems to rehash the same stuff as others before it. Personally, I like rifles.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a Trooper alum, I cannot imagine drum corps without at least a few corps with rifles. This being said, I am absolutely sick and tired of the hypersensitivity of some to eliminating ANYTHING that even reminds them of a possible weapon! Rifles in drum corps are traditional and a part of the mystique of more than 80 years of use! Please do not listen to the idiots who would take away our traditions just because they "feel" uncomfortable! If you don't like the use of rifles just go to a different activity! :rock::rolleyes::thumbup:

• Like 1

Being a Trooper alum, I cannot imagine drum corps without at least a few corps with rifles. This being said, I am absolutely sick and tired of the hypersensitivity of some to eliminating ANYTHING that even reminds them of a possible weapon! Rifles in drum corps are traditional and a part of the mystique of more than 80 years of use! Please do not listen to the idiots who would take away our traditions just because they "feel" uncomfortable! If you don't like the use of rifles just go to a different activity! :rock:/> :rolleyes:/> :thumbup:/>

You just had to do it. Ya couldn't let the thread die. 85 percent of respondents agree with you. Let it die.

• Like 2

You just had to do it. Ya couldn't let the thread die. 85 percent of respondents agree with you. Let it die.

Sorry, I hadn't been on DCP since last year. Just wanted to make my point!