Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maynard played on a Bb. Just Sayin'.

He also had a mic :P

Isn't it ironic that the corps that took it all had no screamers. I do not remember seeing any soloist on or near a sideline. When everybody can play really well together, you don't need someone to play alone. How about them Bucs?

Cory Fitzgerald had a backfield solo, at the end of Promise of Living. It was six notes, but six nice ones!

Maybe it was just me, but this Vasquez guy seemed to have at least a fifth or more than anybody else I heard all weekend. And I know most of these guys...pretty extraordinary.

Donny

I know I hit a triple E in our (Socal Dream) minicorps show and Dave Octived it.

Dave has at least a 5th higher range than anybody else I have seen.

I know I hit a triple E in our (Socal Dream) minicorps show and Dave Octived it.

A quad E???????????

Thats impressive. :worthy:

I don't recall hearing this, but I was kinda busy the whole weekend. Not to take anything away from anyone in Dream. You guys/gals rock.

To clarify, "dubba" notes begin with double-high C; e.g., the G above dubba C is a dubba G, not to be confused with the high G an octave below. Lots of folks hang the moniker "dubba G" on the G below dubba C; I go with the crowd that calls the double C the first of the double series. While I've heard quad notes, these would be extremely rare in drum corps.

I know this is kind of OT, but has anybody else noticed a severe lack of soloists in the DCI corps as of late? Not to mention the fact that the arrangements tend to shy away from crazy high notes in the trumpet parts? Just an observation.

Yeah Landers - it gets weaker every year. BD used to "try stuff out" during the cali tour but if a soloist cracked or missed a high note - it was gone by the time they got to the MidWest. I think show designers are afraid that a soloist will choke at finals and mess up the recording/score ... etc.

The last 2 times I remember a corps really going for it - 1996 Madison - that crazy guy from Belgium.

And 1997 BD - Sean Billings - dub C at the end of the show - extra cool because the corps cuts out completely - and Billings slams that C all by his lonesome - NO PRESSURE BABY!!!

Maybe we just dont brew 'em like that anymore :(

oh oh oh - also Scott Stewart, 95 BD - whatever happnd 2 THAT guy???

Who had the highest screamers this year?

ARe we talking horns here???? :P :P :P