2008 Final$ package ticket price preview

It's a trip to the finals. Predicated on my guess that you don't live in Indiana, this means you have to plan this out. You save money for other vacations, why not this?

because it is no longer worth the cost. period. Everybody has a point where this happens, and it's a personal thing. For some of us, it is happenning now, for others, not. Won't be changing anybody's mind. But I suppose it's fun to mock each other about it... <**>

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I have comprehended what you have said. The price difference is $7 more to get the worst seats available. For a family of four. 3 shows times $7 times 4 people is $81...again, for much worse seats. Now, we know that is really $80 and I don't want to use a made up number (yes, I picked $75 out of the air to simply show that even at a substantial discount, it was still a significant increase. Now, if you buy the package, since those are the prices we are comparing, the package price for tickets, you must buy the other two shows. There is no three show option as far as I know. So, there's another $20 per person (at your estimate of $10 per show). 4 times 20 equals $80 plus the other $80 equals $160. Comprehend? Or, do you think that I made these numbers up? So, that little, insignificant $7 increase is, in reality, a $160 increase to the family of four.

Do you follow me?

Wrong.

The price difference is $7 more for the BEST SEATS.

But again, all you are saying is that it costs more money for more people to do something.

If a family of four goes to the movies it costs $40. But that's outrageous! $40 for a movie?!?

I caved into the friends of dci idea, and it sits alright with me because i know that DCI is a good organization and i don't mind knowing that my money is being used for a good purpouse.

I know I am going to finals and I also know that if i dont have the best seats in the house after traveling thousands of miles to get there, I will be not so proud of myself. And the last thing I want to do is end up buying from a scalper. I hate scalpers......

Actually, I have comprehended what you have said. The price difference is $7 more to get the worst seats available. For a family of four. 3 shows times $7 times 4 people is $81...again, for much worse seats. Now, we know that is really $80 and I don't want to use a made up number (yes, I picked $75 out of the air to simply show that even at a substantial discount, it was still a significant increase. Now, if you buy the package, since those are the prices we are comparing, the package price for tickets, you must buy the other two shows. There is no three show option as far as I know. So, there's another $20 per person (at your estimate of $10 per show). 4 times 20 equals $80 plus the other $80 equals $160. Comprehend? Or, do you think that I made these numbers up? So, that little, insignificant $7 increase is, in reality, a $160 increase to the family of four.

Do you follow me?

It isn't 3 shows, it's 5 shows. Sheesh. It's $290 for 5 shows. Last year it was $250. This is for the Deluxe package, all inclusive of the 5 shows.

You are not going to win any points whining about how it's too expensive to get the best possible seats for every show for a family of 5. You're aware that if you were to do the math, the difference is exactly $200 for the entire family, and in the process, you get 10 more tickets than you did last year.

This is all predicated on the concept that you must buy all 5 shows, must get the best section/color available, and must do it in such a way that you get the same seat every night.

If that's too much for you and your famo'five, here's my suggestion. Continue to pretend like Open doesn't exist, that those shows aren't actually happening, and wait until tickets go on sale individually. Then you can buy your World-class tickets, all 3 of them for you and the famo'five, and it'll probably be about $260. At which point, if you complain about the extra $10, you will be pointed towards appropriate information.

But hey, if you don't want to believe me, just sit on your hands. Those tickets will be there in a month or two. And they won't be as close to the 50 as you would like, or they'll be a little higher or lower than you like, it might be on the first base side when you're a third base kinda guy....

Nevermind the fact that it costs DCI more to turn on the (hopefully less buzzy) new stadium than at the Doze Bowl. Nevermind that it's the premiere facility in the country, and nevermind the fact that it's brand new. This isn't Hanna Montana, so stop making it out to be.

So, it comes down to giving up things in order to go to drum corps. I know you are being somewhat facitious here, but, is that what DCI is becoming?

I've always made DCI Finals my big vacation ever since I was out of college and could afford to go. I know the rest of my group (all 12 of us) feel the same. Would I be going every year if I didn't fall into my group? Probably not. It's not my job to decide if Finals is right for you, and in fact I've missed Finals night more often than not because of work.

People are saying that DCI is making that sky fall and the week is no longer friendly for families. Are you saying that the random family could just up and decide to go to Finals in Whitewater in the 70s without planning? Could they get a block of seats on the 50 the week before Finals?

Look at what we've got now:

-A reasonable spread of Regionals all across the country (except the West Coast, I feel your pain)

-Internet access to ALL the major Regionals, or at least one of the two concurrent shows

-A live broadcast from Quarterfinals in movie theatres.

-Open Class Quarters and World Class Semis live over the internet.

And all of this is WITHOUT GOING TO A LIVE SHOW. You can pay the $89 (or whatever the real price is) for the summer and see almost everything live on your TV with your family. There's a big alternative to attending Finals Week. It might be slightly more expensive to attend live this summer, but you can still be a part of Finals for significantly cheaper than the base ticket price.

And buy those Allentown tickets now. Seeing everyone a week before Finals? I'm sure those tickets are cheaper than Finals week.

Go. Don't go. Boycott DCI. I don't care. But make a freaking choice and move on.

Edited by Pinwiz

I've always made DCI Finals my big vacation ever since I was out of college and could afford to go. I know the rest of my group (all 12 of us) feel the same. Would I be going every year if I didn't fall into my group? Probably not. It's not my job to decide if Finals is right for you, and in fact I've missed Finals night more often than not because of work.

People are saying that DCI is making that sky fall and the week is no longer friendly for families. Are you saying that the random family could just up and decide to go to Finals in Whitewater in the 70s without planning? Could they get a block of seats on the 50 the week before Finals?

-A reasonable spread of Regionals all across the country (except the West Coast, I feel your pain)

-Internet access to ALL the major Regionals, or at least one of the two concurrent shows

And all of this is WITHOUT GOING TO A LIVE SHOW. You can pay the $89 (or whatever the real price is) for the summer and see almost everything live on your TV with your family. There's a big alternative to attending Finals Week. It might be slightly more expensive to attend live this summer, but you can still be a part of Finals for significantly cheaper than the base ticket price.

And buy those Allentown tickets now. Seeing everyone a week before Finals? I'm sure those tickets are cheaper than Finals week.

Go. Don't go. Boycott DCI. I don't care. But make a freaking choice and move on.

Gotta agree with that.

Excellent post.

It is not the end of the world if not every drum corps fan or family can afford the super premium 5-pack of tickets.

Wrong.

The price difference is $7 more for the BEST SEATS.

Not if you are buying them individually, as you have suggested.

But again, all you are saying is that it costs more money for more people to do something.

Exactly, while you are trying to make it look like its not.

If a family of four goes to the movies it costs $40. But that's outrageous! $40 for a movie?!?

Actually, I tend to agree with that, especially the price of concessions.

It isn't 3 shows, it's 5 shows. Sheesh. It's $290 for 5 shows. Last year it was $250. This is for the Deluxe package, all inclusive of the 5 shows.

You are not going to win any points whining about how it's too expensive to get the best possible seats for every show for a family of 5. You're aware that if you were to do the math, the difference is exactly $200 for the entire family, and in the process, you get 10 more tickets than you did last year.

This is all predicated on the concept that you must buy all 5 shows, must get the best section/color available, and must do it in such a way that you get the same seat every night.

If that's too much for you and your famo'five, here's my suggestion. Continue to pretend like Open doesn't exist, that those shows aren't actually happening, and wait until tickets go on sale individually. Then you can buy your World-class tickets, all 3 of them for you and the famo'five, and it'll probably be about $260. At which point, if you complain about the extra $10, you will be pointed towards appropriate information.

But hey, if you don't want to believe me, just sit on your hands. Those tickets will be there in a month or two. And they won't be as close to the 50 as you would like, or they'll be a little higher or lower than you like, it might be on the first base side when you're a third base kinda guy....

Nevermind the fact that it costs DCI more to turn on the (hopefully less buzzy) new stadium than at the Doze Bowl. Nevermind that it's the premiere facility in the country, and nevermind the fact that it's brand new. This isn't Hanna Montana, so stop making it out to be.

Then stop charging Hannah Montana prices.

Don't worry, I've made mine.